Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Have to admit I didn’t expect us to be in for Ake. Especially given the sums being talked about. Not seen him play much for City except for the odd sub appearance, so don’t know what’s going on there. What’s strange is that we have Chalobah, Ampadu and Colwill who offer similar versatility. Anyone know, has Ake come on so much that Tuchel would really fancy him? 

bert19   
10 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Have to admit I didn’t expect us to be in for Ake. Especially given the sums being talked about. Not seen him play much for City except for the odd sub appearance, so don’t know what’s going on there. What’s strange is that we have Chalobah, Ampadu and Colwill who offer similar versatility. Anyone know, has Ake come on so much that Tuchel would really fancy him? 

Definitely feels like a bit of a red herring doesn't it. 

44 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Have not seen all that much of him recently either, but something made City pay £40m for him and I am not sure that, if he came back here, he would be any sort of downgrade on Christensen.

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

I feel your concerns as well. However the argument in support of Ake relative to his fellow  academy graduates is he’s left footed and fairly  versatility (LWB, LB, CB and arguably DM). 

Ake would be a awful signing in my opinion. The money should be improving the team not signing a sqaud player he’s been a liability when he played for city last season 

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Ake would be a awful signing in my opinion. The money should be improving the team not signing a sqaud player he’s been a liability when he played for city last season 

Our current centre back options are Chalobah, Silva and Azpi............. Signing a player of Ake's standard makes lots of sense. 

Never been a big fan of Richarlison, spends most of time on the floor moaning to the ref, its just a personal opinion and I could be proved wrong in this Spurs team.

Another one is why go back for Ake, good player but a squad player he will end up being, rather keep Colwill.

Like Raphina but all I keep reading is that he prefers Barca in which case, piss off and go there especially now Barca have just received this 257 million euro from some media company.

Edited by Phoenix Blue

Just now, Phoenix Blue said:

Never been a big fan of Richarlison, spends most of time on the floor moaning to the ref, its just a personal opinion and I could be proved wrong in this Spurs team.

Another one is why go back for Ake, good player but a squad player he will end up being, rather keep Colwill.

Like Raphina but all I keep reading is that he prefers Barca in which case, piss off and go there especially now Barca have just received this 257 million euro from some media company.

I really don't want another player joining with their eye on a future move to be honest 

• Like 1

ROTG   
15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Our current centre back options are Chalobah, Silva and Azpi............. Signing a player of Ake's standard makes lots of sense. 

Not at all. 

A WC CB is going to be signed. Therefore a senior CB from one of the relegated team would have made more sense. 

Ake is another player who if signed will expect to play a majority of games, and will sulk if it goes south. 

I will continue to champion the squad requires a couple of top draw signings in n the positions of CB and midfield maestro. 

All other signings should be tactical e.g. player who are happy to bench warm, however will give 100% in training and on the field to if asked.

IF Ake had improved at Bournemouth the club would have brought him back when we had the buyback option.

Edited by ROTG

ROTG   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I really don't want another player joining with their eye on a future move to be honest 

One hopes TT has a plan B on player recruitment.