Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, KingThistle said:

Yes, I'm in complete agreement. I’ve been slightly facetious but at no point said or recommended blank cheque writing as being a good thing.

However, some needs must and departures dictate some of the methodology and quality losses compound that. Losing Rudiger demands a quality replacement and quality replacement costs as there aren’t many of those ilk. £80m for De Ligt sounds about right (eye watering, but right) so why not make it happen quicker? It is not a position we cannot address after all. 

I have concerns - all be them mild - that something doesn’t feel right. When looking around at Arsenal and Spurs I can’t work out why we’re not able to get our business done as efficiently?

£80m isn't likely to get De Ligt, hence why it's a complicated deal that'll take time. That's more or less what Juventus paid to sign him form Ajax and they've been firm on making sure they maximise his value fully. He's virtually one of the last real assets they have after all that's worth big coin. They've also lost Chiellini, have an ageing Bonucci, a subpar Rugani and untested Gati remaining. De Ligt's sale means they'll likely need to them immediately find two quality CB's themselves. 

There's a lot of moving parts people tend to forget in some deals.

59 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Prefer we blew ManUre out of the water and signed Erikson. . 

To play what position and in what system? Part of the front 3?

RDCW   

Andrea Bellotti is available it seems. I'd be happy with him.

Edited by RDCW

I was wondering about this….(via Twitter)

Barça are going to try to finalize the Azpi and Alonso's signing next week so that the two can be under Xavi's orders on the tour of the United States. Chelsea has valued the two players at €13 million each, although they are willing to negotiate.

{Sport}

xCELERYx   
6 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Advocated for Belotti in the past and would still take him now. 

Ticks the right boxes in terms of general profile and fit, while has a degree of leadership to spearhead an attack. Not that he'd be a starter here week in week out, but a good foil for a less traditional forward like Havertz. 

Pretty low risk gamble in my book and it's unlikely he demands a massive wage considering what he was getting at Torino prior.

Ham   

Raphinha has allegedly asked for negotiations with Chelsea to halt as he only wants Barca.  

Sounds like another Lukaku situation in the making.  

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, RDCW said:

7 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Advocated for Belotti in the past and would still take him now. 

Ticks the right boxes in terms of general profile and fit, while has a degree of leadership to spearhead an attack. Not that he'd be a starter here week in week out, but a good foil for a less traditional forward like Havertz. 

Pretty low risk gamble in my book and it's unlikely he demands a massive wage considering what he was getting at Torino prior.

Can't say I have seen much of him, but like you say, would be low risk, and perhaps see how Broja does with another year on loan 

xCELERYx   

Sport Mediaset in Italy are suggesting either Kante or Jorginho + cash in a deal for De Ligt. 

More I think about the idea the more a deal using Kante makes sense for both sides. We can decrease some of the skillset crossover bloat we've acquired with Kova, Kante and Gallagher. It also means we can avoid possibly either losing Kante for nothing or locking a visibly declining player down who has a play style that will continue to age poorly. Kante pairs well with Pogba for Juve, just as they do for France. While Serie A at this stage of Kante's career could help extend it with its less taxing nature. 

xCELERYx   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Can't say I have seen much of him, but like you say, would be low risk, and perhaps see how Broja does with another year on loan 

A solid forward who's played in some real mediocre Torino sides over the years where he's had absolutely minimal help in the attacking third. Has 113 goals in 251 appearances for Torino which is a damn solid record for the sides he's played in. 

I just like his overall energy and willingness to work for the team, a true no frills striker.

5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

A solid forward who's played in some real mediocre Torino sides over the years where he's had absolutely minimal help in the attacking third. Has 113 goals in 251 appearances for Torino which is a damn solid record for the sides he's played in. 

I just like his overall energy and willingness to work for the team, a true no frills striker.

Always liked the look of him. A 'back-up' striker for a top-6 PL side rather than first choice, but handy nonetheless. Hard working, unfussy, and seems to know where the net is in spite of living off scraps. As you say, given his wages at Torino, he'd hardly break the bank but could offer something different.