Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, KingThistle said:

Conte will take CL in his stride. 

Like in 2017/18?

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, KingThistle said:

Arsenal's stock has been rising steadily; their project has been obvious and incrementally improving, no one could say otherwise. 

I can and will say otherwise 

They had an unbelievable advantage last season playing so few games and they still blew it.

Some on here need to get their heads out of their backsides, we have signed no one, all targets are falling away, we've lost our main defender, we look like signing no one, Barca have just matched our bid for Raphiha so that's another target gone, Stirlings gone quiet, City could screw us big time by keeping him, our squad as it is, is not good enough for top 6 let alone top 4

4 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Some on here need to get their heads out of their backsides, we have signed no one, all targets are falling away, we've lost our main defender, we look like signing no one, Barca have just matched our bid for Raphiha so that's another target gone, Stirlings gone quiet, City could screw us big time by keeping him, our squad as it is, is not good enough for top 6 let alone top 4

Just wait until Azpi and Alonso go and we make Sarr Captain.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Like in 2017/18?

Not sure the relevance? I could bring up him getting to the final of the Europa League 2 seasons later?! He's elite, he's built a tasty looking squad with a top draw front three. They're a threat on all fronts.

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I can and will say otherwise 

They had an unbelievable advantage last season playing so few games and they still blew it.

An advantage with regards to games to play but with a disadvantage of having a young, tiny squad with no goal scorer. The problems were obvious and have been addressed, I'd expect them to prioritise the league over the EL this coming season, surely?

Sterling fee (£45m + £10m add ons) all agreed. Great signing, ICL

Edited by KingThistle

Dingus   
19 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Jelly Flood!

34 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Can you just get a blog or something, blimey.

I don't know why anyone believes anything being written about Raphina. If you are a journalist who chased clicks three or four days ago by saying a deal was done, you have two problems in the days after if a deal isn't done .... One, you can't write another story about the deal being done. Two, it's obvious your first story was bullsh*t. The obvious solution ... An article about how you weren't wrong, but the player doesn't want the deal after all. Better still, make it an ongoing thing and get stories for days.

If/when Raphina doesn't sign, too many people will think it's a sign the later stories were true. Much, much greater likelihood that the original stories were nonsense. 

None of us really know how football deals work, most of us should have figured out now how football transfer journalism does.

Not sure I read too many saying the "deal was done" only that there was an agreement between Leeds and Chelsea over the fee. The player now looks to have turned us down and is on his way to Barcelona. I read lots of "Deco meeting Chelsea today, Deco meeting Barca tomorrow" but I'm pretty sure not one journo said the deal to us was done? Could be wrong, if so then I missed that.

However, it makes a real mockery of the FFP line from Bob earlier in the thread that Brokelona can be £500m+ in debt and then go on the rebuild like they have.

58 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Look mate I don't normally comment negatively on posts, but your pointless drivel is driving me crazy.

Just take a chill pill and relax.

• Like 5