Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

There’s other options, let rival fans cream themselves over Raphina. ‘Sterling gone quiet’ isn’t true at all, talks going well for him and Ake as it stands so….

On Ake, if we sign him as well as De Ligt, then where does this leave Kounde? Are we likely signing all three? I guess as we’re losing Rudiger, Christensen, Azpi and Alonso, then that’s a lot of defenders to replace. I assume we’re bringing back Ampadu and Colwill as well from loan spells. And keeping Silva and Chalobah. That’s a lot of centre backs! And not much wing back cover for James and Chilwell. Or am I missing something? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

On Ake, if we sign him as well as De Ligt, then where does this leave Kounde? Are we likely signing all three? I guess as we’re losing Rudiger, Christensen, Azpi and Alonso, then that’s a lot of defenders to replace. I assume we’re bringing back Ampadu and Colwill as well from loan spells. And keeping Silva and Chalobah. That’s a lot of centre backs! And not much wing back cover for James and Chilwell. Or am I missing something? 

Sorry, but yes you are: Right now it's all media speculation with little, if any, substance. I'll wait until we actually sign somebody.

Floyd25   
37 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

No I can’t see us signing all three, I think De Ligt is our number one CB target, with Ake or Kounde being the other one we bring in, can’t see Colwill or Amps staying personally. Wing backs is confusing at the moment, because I’ve only seen us linked with Jonathan Clauss, still think either Dujon Sterling or Maatsen could get the nod, unless we’re seriously signing two….oh and then does Kepa get replaced? A lot of work if this is the case but we’ll see.

Edited by Floyd25

Ro61   

A lot of speculation going on here,and rightly so given we have new owners.

The thing that worries me most is not the lack of movement in the transfer market,but fans expectations that we should move faster.

Boehly and co is taking on a club that the structure of the club was reliant on a very generous owner.

I would love the club to make a statement to say that raphin...(what's his name)is no longer part of the clubs plans.

I would rather the club stand strong and stop this waste of money on ego's and players that know(that are already wealthy)they have no need to try very hard.

Imagine a player not caring very much whether he performs on the pitch or not?.That is what we have now.

The likes of Paulo Ferriera,Kante and Azpilicueta  are becoming relics in a game that money has destroyed.

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

No I can’t see us signing all three, I think De Ligt is our number one CB target, with Ake or Kounde being the other one we bring in, can’t see Colwill or Amps staying personally. Wing backs is confusing at the moment, because I’ve only seen us linked with Jonathan Clauss, still think either Dujon Sterling or Maatsen could get the nod, unless we’re seriously signing two….oh and then does Kepa get replaced? A lot of work if this is the case but we’ll see.

We won't sign all three, and agree it appears more like De Ligt is the main focus, with the second target being Ake. Colwill and Ampadu will likely depend on how they fair during pre-season, especially Colwill. He'll be the most impacted by whichever two CB's we bring in and whether he looks ready enough to genuinely compete at the level we're at. Ampadu I can see remaining as a bit of a utility player that can backup Jorginho in that deeper midfield role (albeit a slightly different type of player), while also chipping in at CB should we ever need. He'll have his uses. 

Maatsen is being linked with a move to Feyenoord and his future may hinge on what happens with Alonso and Emerson. I dare say Sterling will get a opportunity in pre-season as well with Tuchel apparently liking the sort of player he is, whether he's up to par though remains to be seen. 

Some of these are sort of secondary situations where we can afford to sort them later in the window once we've addressed other more urgent priorities. 

• Like 1

xCELERYx   

Stumbled upon this, paints a pretty interesting situation if there's actual weight to it. Surely, it would need to be looked into further if actually true.

Does Deco have a conflict of interest in Raphinha transfer?

Raphinha is only holding out for a move to Barcelona to keep his agent (Deco) happy. The news comes from Spanish news outlet SPORT who report that the Brazilian wizard ‘would have already signed for Liverpool or Chelsea’ if it was purely his choice!

It is understood that Deco has a verbal agreement with Barca officials Joan Laporta and Mateu Alemany, forcing him to block any approaches from elsewhere whilst the cash strapped club beg, borrow and steal to raise enough funds to mount a serious offence!  

Deco, a former Barcelona player himself, is also employed by the Catalan Giants as their chief South American scout, which surely must create a conflict of interest, yet he continues in both roles, surely to the detriment of Leeds Utd.

https://motforum.com/article.php?page=43432

ROTG   
6 hours ago, KingThistle said:

Bob

(I'm aware this is a Photoshop, but it is a bloody good one)

What an awful signing “if it happens”. I cannot believe the club is helping one main rivals who are being investigated over FFP again,  help them out in reducing their wage bill, and putting a huge burden on ours. 

Their was I thinking the first thing the new owners would do is address the 1st teams wage bill?

19 hours ago, KingThistle said:

I don't think that new ownership matters much - it didn't when Roman breezed in 20 years ago when we took the credit card out to fetch in in Johnson, Cole, Duff, Makelele, Bridge, Veron, Mutu... 

If you're going to wait until the end of the window to make judgment, I'd argue it is too late by then. The season will be a month old and look at what happened to Arsenal last season in their first month - 3 losses, bottom of the table and as we look at it now, that cost them their CL place. Indeed, the reverse can be said about us - thank God we had such a good start to the season because we dropped off considerably with 8 weeks to go. This will undoubtedly be the most difficult season to finish top 4; there are reasonably 5 or 6 to squeeze into two slots, it wouldn't do to come out of the traps slowly.

Season starts in 5 weeks time, not 9.

And yet we see it year after year, the club has been slow out of the blocks signing players. Lampard got half a new team who all effectively missed pre-season and look where that got him. Lukaku joined late last season and gelled like oil to water. 

The window should close a week before the new season starts imo. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

bert19   
4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Stumbled upon this, paints a pretty interesting situation if there's actual weight to it. Surely, it would need to be looked into further if actually true.

If it is true, Raphinha could surely just solve the problem by sacking him?

8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

I don’t think that we will see a flurry of defenders joining. I think we may see two signings where one is a pure CB (for example De Ligt) and one is more of a utility player (for example Ake). 

Let’s pretend we sign those two, that would give us;

RB: James, Azpilicueta (I don’t believe we will let him go)

LB: Chilwell, Emerson

CB: De Ligt, Silva, Chalobah, Ake, Colvill

I think that’s enough for us to see us through. Especially if we sign Raphina who can also stand in at RWB (letting James play at RCB). If we let Azpilicueta go, we will have to replace him for sure.