Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Yes exactly.

I understand everyones concerns because we have often repeated the mistake of aged striker, but this is Ronaldo. One of the greatest to ever play the game. We have here the modern equivalent of having Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo Nazario or Zidane, the only other possibility to this would be if Messi played for us (though he looks to have declined compared to Ronaldo).

In that joke of a Manchester United team he scored 18 goals in the PL, 5 behind the winners, he was the 3rd top scorer in the PL (2nd top scorer if you consider the 2 above were tied). 1 more goal than Harry Kane. Ronaldo played 30 games, Kane 37, Salah and Son 35. This is a serious transfer. 

If he played for us he would be top scorer. 

I think that this actually proves the point that Ronaldo wasn’t suited to United - or us - but I think that you didn’t mean to make that intentionally. 

The game has become so Americanised where the stats are the preferred indicator instead of using your eyes. We, us, Chelsea need someone who has all the attributes that Ronaldo doesn’t have or else we need to play an entirely different system with a lot of different players. You can’t just pick up Player X and slot him into Team Y and have the equation balance out.

Ronaldo will score a few goals, take all the pens and maybe grab a hattrick against Forest and we’d finish 6th. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. 

From Ben Jacobs on Twitter:

"Chelsea making progress on Matthijs de Ligt. Juve prefer straight-cash deal. They remain interested in Jorginho but he’s not currently part of any bid being prepared. #CFC pushing on de Ligt after Juve softened a bit on price. Clubs still apart on all-in price so add ons key. Told Chelsea are hoping to pay £60-65 million. Juventus trying for closer to 70 and other interest (and there is some) may mean they hold out for 75. But that’s still progress from when talks first started and the fear on price was 80+. De Ligt very open to the move."

Sciatika   

Won't be long now. It'll soon be time to learn how to spell the names of a bunch of new players.

ROTG   
19 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I suggest you learn to read.

❝So we don't need a midfielder who can defend, who can play box-to-box or as a '10'; has great vision, a good passing range, is creative, and can score; has the strength to shield the ball when necessary, but the power and pace to break the lines... and when needs must can play as the central defender in a 3?

Pretty much everything I said were about his midfield attributes, but no, you concentrate on the afterthought! 🙄

Umm. Learn to read jibe.

I would have normally only expected that kind of remark from, KT10 educated persons

57 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Won't be long now. It'll soon be time to learn how to spell the names of a bunch of new players.

You reckon?

we are being linked to players, but that's it..

apart from the wardrobe no one has left, even Barkley is still here

12 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

You reckon?

we are being linked to players, but that's it..

apart from the wardrobe no one has left, even Barkley is still here

C'mon the ladies signed two players and we may have a new CEO , what more do you want? 

chelboy   

This window will be more about shifting out deadwood. We have a lot to shift out. Problem is our wage structure has some of this deadwood on high wages for their ability. This is another reason why I would have been against signing Ronaldo as he would up our wage structure. People might not see wage structure as a big deal but its the same reason why players like Drinkwater, Kepa and Barkley have been so hard to shift. 

As for the bids we have made so far, why did we put in a late bid for Richarlison? If he is a serious target why put in a last min bid when Tottenham are in an advanced position in the deal. Similar thing with Raphina. If these are serious targets then we should be putting ourselves in an advantage position especially against the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham. Those lot shouldn’t be beating us to targets. Are we just targeting these players so that our rivals won’t get them or are they really a serious targets? Anyway it looks like we are going to miss out on Richarlison, Dembele and Raphina. I wasn’t big on any of them, hopefully we can go for someone like Gerard Bowen. We will still need another no.9 though. 

Blue Rod   

That we're spending so much effort pursuing Richardson, Dembele and Raphina is a reflection of our current situation. None of them is A+ grade player but still better than any of the attackers we've signed over the past three years. Still it will take seriously good coaching to get us competitive next season

I just hope that we don't ignore midfield while we're pursuing forwards. Because if we do, Tuchel won't last the season. I would have prioritised midfield rebuilding right now.

Then the small matter of defence. There are gaps to fill in the team everywhere you look. I may be alone,  but I'm rather glad that Todd Boehly is bringing in his own management. 

Ham   

Another week gone, still nada.

20220703_215853.jpg

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

Another week gone, still nada.

20220703_215853.jpg

It's all very well saying that, but who's actually available and affordable and will be a cert to take over a position and take it to the level we are looking for?

Very highly unlikely we'll sign an elite level forward, so we're looking at ho hum levels like a Sterling.  No real indication we're looking to move on Jorginho or Kante, so it's probably yet another year of watching this insipid midfield.

Might get a decent defender or two  in but no player to get the blood pumping in anticipation of seeing someone exciting.

I'll be content with us holding our position in the top four. What I'd really love to see is a few of our under performing players kick on to another level and hopefully another of our young players come through like Chalobah did last season.

We must take into account that our first objective this season is replacement, not improvement.