Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Utter nonsense.

What was fortunate? We got 76 points, which secures top 4 every single season. Top 3 most seasons. 

If you are going to be that brutal, you could have said a chunk of the 2016/17 side wasn't up to it.

It doesn't work like that. 

1. We got 74 points. 

2. Yes, but it isn't every season we do not have any European obligations. The true standard of that 16/17 team shone through the season after where we had a 59 game season instead of a 47 game season. Fifth, miles from being any type of challenger. Still that team in 2016/17 had players such as Hazard, Fabregas, Kanté, Courtois, Costa and Azpilicueta all in their form of their lives. Plus squad players such as Willian, Cahill, Pedro, Matic and Luiz. I think you are underestimating that team slightly. 

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

1. We got 74 points. 

2. Yes, but it isn't every season we do not have any European obligations. The true standard of that 16/17 team shone through the season after where we had a 59 game season instead of a 47 game season. Fifth, miles from being any type of challenger. Still that team in 2016/17 had players such as Hazard, Fabregas, Kanté, Courtois, Costa and Azpilicueta all in their form of their lives. Plus squad players such as Willian, Cahill, Pedro, Matic and Luiz. I think you are underestimating that team slightly. 

1. Either way, 74 points is top 4 every year since the PL incepted bar once.

2. If you're excluding players from the current squad like Jorginho and Kovacic, then players like Matic, Cahill, Pedro, Willian and Luiz (plus Alonso and Moses) could be put in the same bracket. That was the point I was making. I completely agree, there were more stellar players in 2016/17

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Don’t understand why players like to go Bayern. I guess they feel good going to a team that is guaranteed to win the league every year without much sweat. Just have to turn up. Whereas in the PL it’s much more exciting keeps you on your toes and you feel like you are actually fighting for something not something that is given. I’d be bored half way through the season knowing I’ll 80% win it every year. 

One of the highest average wage bills in Europe - they pay top money

Edited by East Lower

17 minutes ago, East Lower said:

One of the highest average wage bills in Europe - they pay top money

Probably because they poach most of their players for free!

For those who don't/didn't want Neymar, you can all breathe now.

Ben Jacobs on Twitter:

New PSG boss Christophe Galtier says he wants Neymar to stay at PSG. As previously reported, Galtier will hold talks with Neymar about role/future. Brazilian also intent to fight for his place. Campos prepared to listen to offers but Neymar exit not (and has never been) a given.

This always seemed the likeliest outcome once the new manager was in place.

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Don’t understand why players like to go Bayern. I guess they feel good going to a team that is guaranteed to win the league every year without much sweat. Just have to turn up. Whereas in the PL it’s much more exciting keeps you on your toes and you feel like you are actually fighting for something not something that is given. I’d be bored half way through the season knowing I’ll 80% win it every year. 

Best match atmospheres in Europe and good country to live and work in.

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Haven't Man City won 4 of the last 5 PL titles? I appreciate the process is much more competitive but the end result is the same.

Can someone please start a ''Mpappe to Chelsea rumour'' ,so as to cause a few ripples across Europe .....Just for the shits and giggles...... Sigh.....

Edited by Liquidator

xhuga2   

Dybala got too greedy, Juventus dropped him and now he can't even go to Inter Milan. I am surprised we haven't been linked to him.