Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
Just now, ROTG said:

One can hope JT can rent him one of his gaffs in Surrey. 

He will be getting up before he goes to bed if he moves to the Hertfordshire “god bless the M25”

He might be able to stay in a newly vacant footballer mansion in Barnet. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Well though answer is obvious. None of the top European clubs have made an enquiry. Whereas some of the other targets the club are looking at have attracted interesting and counter bids from other top European clubs. 

So no argument then? You can't really mean that if clubs do not enquire about a player in number then that player isn't up to scratch, that's your line?

1 hour ago, xhuga2 said:

So why are sending Ziyech to AC Milan?

Nowhere near aggressive enough in a 4-3-3, hence Raphinha bids.

chara   
7 minutes ago, KingThistle said:

Nowhere near aggressive enough in a 4-3-3, hence Raphinha bids.

In any formation I suspect....looks sublime once in a blue moon but not a player for the long haul

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Well though answer is obvious. None of the top European clubs have made an enquiry. Whereas some of the other targets the club are looking at have attracted interesting and counter bids from other top European clubs. 

You know this do you?

Your idea of judging players based on what other clubs bid for them is strange yet unsurprising as I assume you still don't watch football and just rely on the old wireless to listen to Chelsea games?

3 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:

If we really want him we should just blow them away with a bid that they are not willing to match. I mean, Juventus will probably want at least what they paid for him and he's worth every penny. It sounds like he would be willing to come here, depending on who you believe he may even prefer to come here so just go in hard and get it done!!

xhuga2   

Is Koulibaly our backup plan?

If I were Juventus, I would accept Chelsea's offer knowing Bayern is not interested in Koulibaly so that I can have my De Ligt replacement. Rumours about Koundé will start soon if we don't close the De Ligt deal soon. 

10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

If we really want him we should just blow them away with a bid that they are not willing to match. I mean, Juventus will probably want at least what they paid for him and he's worth every penny. It sounds like he would be willing to come here, depending on who you believe he may even prefer to come here so just go in hard and get it done!!

Exactly this. Chelsea can show their clout here and smash the competition. No reason not to, if they want De Ligt, just get it done. 

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, Ham said:

Because he's been massively underwhelming?

He has, but he also plays his best football in a 433 out on the right. We've seen patches of that during the small periods where we played 433.

I'd still prefer to bin Pulisic over Ziyech myself, just because the latter does provide something different with the ball. That said, at 29 with the system we currently run, and not being a consistent in the side, I can understand why both parties may look to part ways. He'd be a really good pickup for AC Milan.