Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

rj2115   

Tevez did a U turn on the motorway for more money. This is Wayne Rooney, the guy who got Man U to break their wage structure to keep him, he knows that he will play at Man U even if he stays, not in his most liked position but he will still play. His not that desperate as everyone makes out, his still getting ready to go out on tour, unhappy? maybe, had enough? I don't think so. Best thing is if he goes for your way of thinking, but I don't think he would, his pushed £250,000 out of Man U an lives a high life, his only going to want more in London, where it cost more to live.

how do you decide player is expensive?

I don't think he was was expensive at all for Man U. they won 2 titles after that so the revenue increased far more than the expense of his salary

buying players is like investment and salaries are more or like an annuity so if we pay 30 million and 250k his salary it will all be very small if we win 2 titles in his time here cause of the increased revenue

if you want to win big sometimes you have to invest big and take risks

I agree that Oscar needs to play as a CM. Mourinho has to figure out how to incorporate him into a similar role he plays for Brazil. He is the veins of that Brazil team. Everything ticks through him.

GURJ SS   

how do you decide player is expensive?

I don't think he was was expensive at all for Man U. they won 2 titles after that so the revenue increased far more than the expense of his salary

buying players is like investment and salaries are more or like an annuity so if we pay 30 million and 250k his salary it will all be very small if we win 2 titles in his time here cause of the increased revenue

if you want to win big sometimes you have to invest big and take risks

In that case put Terry and Lampard on a million pound, an send Drogba a bonus cheque. We shouldn't be breaking the bank for Rooney, lets keep our wage bill down for now, Rooney really isn't worth it, the football world has plenty more players to pick from who won't force our hand that far.

Not saying Rooney isn't good, but he won't make the difference if we are to win the league etc, if our team is good enough with him, they are also good enough without him. I rate our current squad as good enough to win it without Rooney, so in my opinion we should give those sorts of wages a miss. Lets just put a £30M bid for Lewandowski and half the wages.

Edited by GURJ SS

xCELERYx   

In that case put Terry and Lampard on a million pound, an send Drogba a bonus cheque. We shouldn't be breaking the bank for Rooney, lets keep our wage bill down for now, Rooney really isn't worth it, the football world has plenty more players to pick from who won't force our hand that far.

Not saying Rooney isn't good, but he won't make the difference if we are to win the league etc, if our team is good enough with him, they are also good enough without him. I rate our current squad as good enough to win it without Rooney, so in my opinion we should give those sorts of wages a miss. Lets just put a £30M bid for Lewandowski and half the wages.

He'll be joining Bayern next season. Unless something drastically changes, which is unlikely at this point in time.

Rooney would add some quality, no doubt. He's also one of the most marketable English players currently, so there's that side of the coin to consider too. However, not signing him wouldn't alter much at this point in time either. The big issue would be what sort of impact it would have on other players already within the team from a playing stand point. Rooney wants to play up front, which is all well and fine. But we've also got Lukaku, Torres and Ba, all three can still score goals and play the same position. Two could be played upfront, but then that changes the side completely. It means one of the wider players miss out, and it also means that there could be a issue with Mata and Rooney taking each others space, given Rooney likes to come deep for the ball in at feet. While options are always good to have, this could be one that ends up being slightly more disruptive to the balance of what we already have.

That said, I'm sure Jose will have sort of plan in place to how to make it all function to the clubs benefit.

Harvz   

Hell, I'd approach Lewandowski to loan him for 12 months. Put performance based criteria on his salary contributions. He'd be a massive upgrade on Torres and who knows, we might even convince him that we're the club for him to be at. If not, when its coming to the end of the season, hope Lukaku is in form and bench him before sending him back to Germany!

Ok, far from fool proof, but seriously... 12 months of a questionably motivated Lewandowski or 12 months of Torres?

Monello   

Why would Dortmund accept a loan move for Lewandowski?

I think they would benefit more from having him for 12 months than getting a couple million euros for loaning him out.

Not sure why the other one had to go,

It didn't have to go. It went as a result of somebody trying to moderate on their mobile phone and pressing the wrong button (and no, it wasn't me!).

yes, a lot of BS in there, but that will happen here too won't it?

Depends on how many posts you intend to make..............:).

On a more serious note: I will ask the technical man in the sky, if we can somehow retrieve the old topic for posterity.

Harvz   

Why would Dortmund accept a loan move for Lewandowski?

I think they would benefit more from having him for 12 months than getting a couple million euros for loaning him out.

Yeah you could be right. Maybe they've already made peace with the whole thing. But, after the Gotze affair, I'd say its more likely they're pretty sore about the point of loyalty where players defecting to Bayern is concerned. Cost benefit might be a bit different now. If they got say 3m in cash to put towards their new striker, and save buckets on L's wages, it might be a worthy trade off.

We could even pay him less. We tell him, this is our wage structure, this is how much we're willing to pay you, which is £x less than you're on now, but if you're really that unhappy at United but want to carry on winning trophies, we're you're only choice. Take it or leave it.

This Bob. You're spot on.

My only worry with signing Rooney is us breaking our wage structure. Mata is rumoured to be on £70k/week. Yeah I know, HOW can I know that? Well I don't of course but that figure has been bandied about and it sounds believable given Mata's status when he signed. What will the younger lads think about that? It's bad enough our worst player is also our highest paid player.

If the club signs Rooney I hope it'll be on wages that match the current pay structure (whatever it may be).

It didn't have to go. It went as a result of somebody trying to moderate on their mobile phone and pressing the wrong button (and no, it wasn't me!).

Depends on how many posts you intend to make..............:).

On a more serious note: I will ask the technical man in the sky, if we can somehow retrieve the old topic for posterity.

Obviously it wasn't you MT, why would you assume I would think that....? :-)