Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

West Brom 1 - Chelsea 1

Harvz   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against West Brom at The Hawthorns, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 GMT, Tuesday, 11th February, 2014

Faramir   

I hope Mourinho sends out a very strong team. We must be looking for a win and take West Brom seriously.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry (if fully fit) Azpilicueta

Ramires Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Eto'o

Bench: Schwarzer Cole Luiz Lampard Torres Schurrle Salah

Sea foot   

Did anyone notice Azpilicueta holding/rubbing his hamstring whilst waiting to take a throw in in the second half?

Just wondering if he will get rested and give Cole a run out.

What a nice feeling to have such a good bench to draw on these days, Schwarzer Cole, Schürlle, Salah, Luiz and Mikel. All starting to look good for the long run methinks.

Thankfully Shane Long is gone, he always gave our defenders a tough game.

Why do clubs keep on selling Shane Long? He always looks a great player for a mid table or lower table team to have. He is still only 27. Park the bus, and leave one man up front who costs less than £20m, and the man you want there is Shane Long.

Zoowraa   

Agreed ref Shane Long. Glad he has gone and cannot understand why they have let him go. Cracking little player , I remember all the problems he gave Terry and Cahill in the home fixture. For his size, he competes ver well up against centre half's.

Not too sure what to make of this game. We are half way through 4 games in under 2 weeks and part of me thinks that their could be a need for some rotation. Trouble is Hazard and Willian are very hard to leave out at present. I would be tempted to leave Matic out for city in the cup, but this is also a massive game and his impact has been very impressive so far.

Think it's safe to say this fixture will not be the curse of our current manager like it was for AVB and Robbie. No idea how these are in the bottom three, they have some good players and should be sat mid table imo. Their new manager seems to get a reaction out of them at half time,but they have been starting games slow, so I think we need to be in control at half time.

I fancy goals in this 2-4

Why do clubs keep on selling Shane Long? He always looks a great player for a mid table or lower table team to have. He is still only 27. Park the bus, and leave one man up front who costs less than £20m, and the man you want there is Shane Long.

Certainly always puts in a shift. Lukaku bagged a few goals last season coming on after Long had given defenders a physical battle for 60 minutes.