Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holymoly

FA Commission 4 point plan

Holymoly   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27327502

• Area 1 - Inadequate and insufficient playing opportunities for 18-20 year-old elite players at top clubs.
  • Area 2 - Regulation of the player market in England is not effective in preserving the desired balance of British, EU and non-EU players in clubs.
  • Area 3 - Coaching and coach development, essentially at grassroots level, have not yet reached a satisfactory level and impact.
  • Area 4 - England lags behind in the quantity and quality of affordable grassroots facilities, particularly in the provision of all-weather pitches.

A new division 3 made up of 10 "B" teams and 10 Conference sides

Restictions on non EU players below the Prem

Restrictions on non home grown players in the Prem

Good luck with that Greg although I see you have Rio giving you sage advice on the Commission so it's propbably fine

The thing is, that this is all in order to increase the number of English players playing at the top level for selection by the national team. Unfortunately more and more people are becoming less and less interested in international football, me included. I suppose it's a bit like the adage you can't choose your family. Most supporters would prefer their club to have success than the home nation. If I'm honest I feel far more affinity with Petr Cech than with whoever stands between the sticks for England. I know who I'd prefer my daughter came home with anyway.

They have missed the point of the Premier League's success.

Rather than worrying about the effect on the England national team, they should iether:

a) present the prem as THE ALTERNATIVE to the Champions League (and on viewing figures it is not far off I suspect)

or b) - plan for supporting English CLUBS in a Future European Super League.

Either would be a far better goal than what they have.

• Area 1 - Inadequate and insufficient playing opportunities for 18-20 year-old elite players at top clubs.
    Read - The PL is too strong for kids to play in (unlike France, Germany or Spain )
  • Area 2 - Regulation of the player market in England is not effective in preserving the desired balance of British, EU and non-EU players in clubs.

Read WE ARE ALREADY THE WORLD LEAGUE FOR FOOTBALL
We should celebrate it, not regret it.

• Area 3 - Coaching and coach development, essentially at grassroots level, have not yet reached a satisfactory level and impact.

I doubt this (though have no direct involvement). I think we have a serious issue with lazy kids playing computer games, and you can't blame the coaching system for that

• Area 4 - England lags behind in the quantity and quality of affordable grassroots facilities, particularly in the provision of all-weather pitches.

Almost a pun in their. All-weather pitches is one of those misleading concepts. We have all weather pitches - grass which grows all year around in England and can be played on all year around in England. We have "All Weather". That other countries can't grow grass for football because it gets too wet or too dry or icy, and that other countries can't play football 12 months a year because it gets too hot or too cold is not a problem - it is a massive advantage.

There is a coaching issue (as Vialli pointed out, it is too windy to have an on the pitch coaching talk), but you could deal with that by putting huts by the pitch, you don't need plastic pitches.

I can see Rio's talentless ideas all over this.

BTW - restrictions on non-home grown players is just naive in so many ways.

And the idea that Chelsea will put a team together to play conference level teams in order to give match practice to Chalobah and McEachran is just dumb. There is a limbo for a lot of 19-22 year old young layers, but it is a Championship level limbo.

Why not just have an England U21 and an England U21 South team go straight into the Championship team and let clubs lend their players to it.

The thing is, that this is all in order to increase the number of English players playing at the top level for selection by the national team. Unfortunately more and more people are becoming less and less interested in international football, me included. I suppose it's a bit like the adage you can't choose your family. Most supporters would prefer their club to have success than the home nation. If I'm honest I feel far more affinity with Petr Cech than with whoever stands between the sticks for England. I know who I'd prefer my daughter came home with anyway.

Yes.

BTW - kinda puts the boot in on Hodgson's chances at an unnecessary moment.

And why is it when Hodgson has decided that he does not want a contribution from Rio, do the FA think they do?

The cap on only two non-EU players in the squad is staggering. If it were applied to our current squad, we'd have to pick only two out of Ivanovic, Luiz, Ramires, Oscar, Mikel, Salah, Ba, Matic, Willian, Schwarzer and Eto'o to keep.

The cap on only two non-EU players in the squad is staggering. If it were applied to our current squad, we'd have to pick only two out of Ivanovic, Luiz, Ramires, Oscar, Mikel, Salah, Ba, Matic, Willian, Schwarzer and Eto'o to keep.

Frankly that would be immoral, as well as killing off the English league as a spectacle.

I don't think the committee had a clue why it was trying to do what it was trying.

This may all be the case, but none of the obvious problems convince me that they won't be stupid enough to enact it.

This may all be the case, but none of the obvious problems convince me that they won't be stupid enough to enact it.

Except the only real actions in the past have been lead by the clubs and TV.

Both will be 100% against all the recommendations except perhaps B teams - whereas I can only imagine what clubs in Div 2 think about that.

Sky should just rebrand and promote the current Youth football leagues. They did it with the PL back in the day, UEFA did it with the CL, UEFA have attempted to do it with a Youth UCL. Sky have all that money, all that marketing and they should be able to make Youth football in this country as exciting as College/High School sports are in America.

The B team thing seems utterly pointless. What is the problem as the FA see it? That not enough English/home grown players are coming through the ranks in the Premier League, and that the lack of a competitive competition that they are good enough to feature in will help? We've got about 30 players out on loan. There are maybe five who are at clubs who don not play to a Conference standard.

They'll destroy the big thing English football has going for it over the likes of Spain- it's relatively healthy domestic pyramid.

Germany, Spain and Brazil seem to do well with youngsters- when did they start capping foreign workers?

Sciatika   

Frankly that would be immoral, as well as killing off the English league as a spectacle.

I don't think the committee had a clue why it was trying to do what it was trying.

Think what it would do to African football in the UK and, consequently, back in Africa.

Mutu7   

First question, what specific qualifications do Rio Ferdinand, Glenn Hoddle, Ritchie Humphreys, Danny Mills, Greg Clarke, Roy Hodgson, Howard Wilkinson, Greg Dyke and Roger Burden have to decide the future of English football?

Second, how will Chelsea's youth team playing Crawley and Dagenham every week improve the England team's chances of winning something?

Btw, years ago Mourinho was pilloried for suggesting the top clubs be allowed to have a 'B' side in the Championship. Now the FA have pinched his idea.