CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

11 hours ago, Ham said:

Spurs cannot win this. They just can't. Just doesn't bear thinking about.

You'd understand if you lived near me. 

I'm torn. Got some Spurs in my family, and they're good lads and were very happy for me and my dad after Munich because they could see what it meant to us. Almost want, given the limited options, the same for those individual people. 

But then there are all the other Spurs fans I come into contact with... Very much big-mouth bantersaurs who have been massive pains and never respected that I'm a fairly quiet type off here and never gloated about our success. Being near them does not appeal to me at all. At least Liverpool are far away... 

But then I think I only dislike Spurs because of tribalism and the happenstance of geography rather than anything more in their nature, whereas I much more concretely dislike Liverpool because of things they have said and done as a club. 

Hoping I can find a way to just not care at all on the night. Booze. 

Edited by thevelourfog

Liverpool or Spurs? Bit like deciding if you'd rather have syphilis or gonorrhoea.

7 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Liverpool or Spurs? Bit like deciding if you'd rather have syphilis or gonorrhoea.

who is who? my dream would be drab 0-0 after 120 minutes and so many penalties that both teams have to give up due to exhaustion and there's no winner. 

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

I think this whole sticking to philosophy plays into the opponents hands in a two leg tie. Barca and Ajax literally had to ditch their philosophy in order to get through but both stuck to it and deserved what they got in the end. How both of them think the opposition will not try something different when 3-0 down is beyond naive.  I have always had a feeling outside of the PL and Serie A teams can not defend to save their lives. It is mostly all about technical ability in modern day football  and some just forget the basics of having a good organisation. Look how Liverpool switched and parked the bus when 4-3 up. Barca still were trying to play tiki taka against a parked bus defence which has probably been the best in Europe. 

I live near Amsterdam so know loads of Ajax fans and all buy into the style of football/philosophy. was the same when Holland got to the WC final iin 2010 and so nearly won against Spain but were massively criticised for the style of football by the Journos here. Personally I think any kind of possession heavy football can be fragile if you dont capitalise on it or have the will to compromise if things aren't going well. Should say though Ajax were within 2 minutes of going through and Spurs have the inside of the post to thank twice.

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

image.png.a102623cca69f72622cdf31839e5458e.png

Always said he was a top lad . ( he was )

JaneB   

Well this is an unbearable scenario.  I think I'm going to wait until Sunday before I decide how I really feel.  I mean it would be hilarious if Man City pip Liverpool to the title and then Spurs beat them in the Champions League final.  On the other hand, Spurs winning the CL?  Ooh no, I don't think so.  

I hate Liverpool with a passion so I guess I'll just have to hate them a little bit more, if that's possible.  It's not so much the team, it's all the hype which doesn't need repeating again.

I'm forced to look at the reality, however unpleasant, and I feel that Liverpool deserve to win the CL more than Spurs and I only wish we'd done as well as them this season tbh.

The PL is really the important one but knowing how I felt when we won the CL in 2012 they will be entitled to feel ecstatic and won't we know about it? :-((((

And now I appear to have decided how I really feel.  Just as long as Liverpool don't win the title...….

58 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'm forced to look at the reality, however unpleasant, and I feel that Liverpool deserve to win the CL more than Spurs

Arguably the performance of the season hasn't been either Semifinal, but the QF where Spurs beat Man City.
(and the performance of last year, Liverpool beating City, again a QF).

asvaberg   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

In Scandinavia we have a saying that is not really translateable to English but here it is, anyway:

"To choose between plague or cholera"

I belive the only official translation is "(choose between) the devil and the deep blue sea"

:) :)

Edited by asvaberg

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

In Scandinavia we have a saying that is not really translateable to English but here it is, anyway:

"To choose between plague or cholera"

I belive the only official translation is "(choose between) the devil and the deep blue sea"

:) :)

The actual English version is ''between a rock and a hard place'' apparently it comes from greek mythology where somebody had to choose between facing a rock dwelling demon (devil/rock) or a treacherous whirlpool (deep blue sea / hard place )