CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

chara   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

It pains me to say it, but really I think that is a reflection of him not being a coward. He got involved and never hid. When you do that, you are going to be involved in 'gaffs'. I mocked him for trying to be a Roy of the Rovers type and I do think it is fair to say he had that in him and it wasn't always helpful for his team, but then his team often was just not nearly as good as him. Must have been hard to strike a balance.

DWMH mentions Terry, and I think there is a comparison to be made. My mates who hate Chelsea most fondly recall his Moscow miss, his Barca sending off, slipping up to let Van Persie score ... Similar thing imo, he never hid and always got involved so there are high-profile, highly-memorable gaffs people associate him with but that we as Chelsea fans hardly even see in those terms. 

Difference of course is Terry's trophy cabinet!

Well said TVF....we ..Chelsea...are only as good as the strength of the opposition makes us......Stevie G a worthy opponent....different class from others we "Loath"....Hunt,.... Barnes...need I go on?

A long long list of worthy opponents goes waaay back.....

JaneB   

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/m-detail/3533569/24240274/steven-gerrard-make-us-dream

If anyone's at a loose end tonight , compulsive viewing I'd say.....

20 minutes ago, blue moon said:

But Demba Ba day is next month?

There is a Bolton game from 2005 that is up tonight on Chelsea videos - not quite sure who wins what though.

On 28/04/2020 at 5:04 PM, chara said:

Well said TVF....we ..Chelsea...are only as good as the strength of the opposition makes us......Stevie G a worthy opponent....different class from others we "Loath"....Hunt,.... Barnes...need I go on?

A long long list of worthy opponents goes waaay back.....

Was he heck, he was overrated and lucky with few hit and hope shots that happend to fly in. He had no skill, tactical knowlegde or positioning and would charge about like a bull in a china shop flying into people. People only rate him because he looked good in a very poor Liverpool side. Put him in the Chelsea squad from 2005-2008 and he probably doesn't even make the first team.

JaneB   
1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Next month? Next year? Sometime? Never?

But who cares? It happened 😂💙

SSG was a very good player, but a GREAT one, I'm not sure. 

Bit like Beckham maybe, over hyped. 

Lampard? Started slow for us, butt of much criticism, always in Gerrard's shadow but stuck at it, worked and trained his b******s off and ended up winning everything. Now that is greatness 💙👏🏻

chara   
53 minutes ago, CostaTheBlue said:

Was he heck, he was overrated and lucky with few hit and hope shots that happend to fly in. He had no skill, tactical knowlegde or positioning and would charge about like a bull in a china shop flying into people. People only rate him because he looked good in a very poor Liverpool side. Put him in the Chelsea squad from 2005-2008 and he probably doesn't even make the first team.

I said he was a worthy opponent not a "SuperStar"..... as ever just one side of an argument....I really shouldn't bite but acknowledging the contribution of a player from another club to the game is not an act of treachery..foolishness is an act of betrayal to our club.

8 hours ago, blue moon said:

Bunting , party hats and helium balloons have been ordered from Amazon prime. Perhaps we could all step outside our doors at the precise moment Demba rolled it in and give a respectful minutes laugh. 

• Haha 1

Sciatika   
17 hours ago, JaneB said:

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/m-detail/3533569/24240274/steven-gerrard-make-us-dream

If anyone's at a loose end tonight , compulsive viewing I'd say.....

Compulsive behaviour - performing an act persistently and repetitively without it necessarily leading to an actual reward or pleasure.

bert19   
5 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Compulsive behaviour - performing an act persistently and repetitively without it necessarily leading to an actual reward or pleasure.

Bit like having a Tottenham season ticket then

• Haha 2