CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

VA96   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If they manipulated it deliberately they shot themselves in the foot.

I really can't see why anyone would fake a false positive.
On the other hand I can certainly see the advantage in creating false negatives later on.  Get out of isolation free cards.
More devious, much more gain, much more Scouse.

Is it not because they would have played one of their games in hand next week (when we play Brighton)? 

So what has happened - Mane & Salah left to go to AFCON, they had 13 'positives' shut the training ground etc. and their second leg has been pushed to next week (whereas it would have been in line with our tie vs Spurs this week). By pushing the second leg to next week, they don't catch up one of their games in hand meaning Salah/Mane miss one less league game? If they played their first/second legs in line with us they would've had a free midweek next week where they would be likely to play one of Arsenal/Leeds who both also have free midweeks and would've been scheduled when our Brighton game did 

Ham   
24 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Is it not because they would have played one of their games in hand next week (when we play Brighton)? 

So what has happened - Mane & Salah left to go to AFCON, they had 13 'positives' shut the training ground etc. and their second leg has been pushed to next week (whereas it would have been in line with our tie vs Spurs this week). By pushing the second leg to next week, they don't catch up one of their games in hand meaning Salah/Mane miss one less league game? If they played their first/second legs in line with us they would've had a free midweek next week where they would be likely to play one of Arsenal/Leeds who both also have free midweeks and would've been scheduled when our Brighton game did 

Absolutely.  They've blocked off a possible spot for a prem game without Salah and Mane.  

54 minutes ago, VA96 said:

By pushing the second leg to next week, they don't catch up one of their games in hand meaning Salah/Mane miss one less league game? If they played their first/second legs in line with us they would've had a free midweek next week where they would be likely to play one of Arsenal/Leeds who both also have free midweeks and would've been scheduled when our Brighton game did 

Liverpool have got similar scheduling issues as we have.    LC, FAC, CL, they are a game behind in the PL and even if they lose the LC semi they can't play on LC final day because they are scheduled to play Arsenal.  1 or 2 domestic games more than us (2 or 3 after this), albeit no World Club cup (2 games)

So missing a rescheduling opportunity is an interesting point, but still, with or without Salah and Mane I can't see that they would choose to push yet another game into February.

VA96   
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Liverpool have got similar scheduling issues as we have.    LC, FAC, CL, they are a game behind in the PL and even if they lose the LC semi they can't play on LC final day because they are scheduled to play Arsenal.  1 or 2 domestic games more than us (2 or 3 after this), albeit no World Club cup (2 games)

So missing a rescheduling opportunity is an interesting point, but still, with or without Salah and Mane I can't see that they would choose to push yet another game into February.

I think they're just trying to minimise the loss of Salah/Mane. Klopp's domestic cup record shows how much he cares about it 

RDCW   

So the Mickies put out a strong team, played a full half against 10 men and couldn't score against Arsenal ! A splendid evening for Chelsea fans. 

They really aren't the same team without Salah and Mane are they ?! Let's hope Senegal and Egypt meet in the final of ACON.

paulw66   
11 hours ago, RDC Williams said:

So the Mickies put out a strong team, played a full half against 10 men and couldn't score against Arsenal ! A splendid evening for Chelsea fans. 

They really aren't the same team without Salah and Mane are they ?! Let's hope Senegal and Egypt meet in the final of ACON.

When we were struggling to score enough goals against Everton and Wolves without Lukaku, Werner, CHO and Havertz, a few people on here used that as an example of how we are inferior to Liverpool, as we don't score enough.

Well, take 4 forwards out of any team (or 2 in this example) and of course, it makes a massive difference. 

Liverpool have been incredibly lucky that those two are never injured. Look at the number of league games they have played since signing:

Mane, 27, 29, 36, 35, 35, 20*

Salah 36, 38, 34, 37, 20*

* 20 out of 20 so far this season.

Salah has missed 7 league games in 4.5 seasons. 

asvaberg   
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Salah has missed 7 league games in 4.5 seasons. 

And I still don't understand why we let him go................

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

And I still don't understand why we let him go................

I do. 

He was rubbish when he played for us.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I do. 

He was rubbish when he played for us.

I agree. He's done freakishly well for Liverpool but he never looked remotely good enough for us. Better than Cuadrado but that's not saying much