CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

Ruudboy   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Heaven knows what City's supporter thinks about this. 

I never did like those cults - should think he's pretty choked. Often wonder whether we pay our PR department enough ...

ROTG   
19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It just confirms what we've suspected for some time , supporting Liverpool is like being in n extremely unpleasant cult where should you be in a position to do so you MUST promote the club and their values at every opportunity you get . The fact this is the Premier League revelling in Liverpool's victory is appalling , they should be promoting everyone in the league equally. Heaven knows what City's supporter thinks about this . 

1 hour ago, VA96 said:

1 step closer to what? Second place? We'd never get treatment like this, City won 5-1 and nothing about that 

I wonder what the PL will post on 29th May?

31 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I wonder what the PL will post on 29th May?

One suspects that should it go that far some innexplicable refereeing disaster will cost city the necessary points...I'm convinced the whole thing is being rigged for TV

Sciatika   

We are always being told that the key selling point of the premier league abroad is that it is competitive throughout the league. In any given league game, either side could win. The bookmakers love it and so do those trying to sell media rights. To me, by extension, that means that for the PL to be most saleable, they feel they have to make sure the outcome is undecided until the last day. There is a reason why, as we get to the end of the season, we tend to get a lot of inexplicable losses to the leading teams. We usually put that down to nerves, but it may be much more insidious and things like VAR make that more rather than less likely because judgments are being made behind closed doors.

• Like 1

On 13/04/2022 at 8:40 PM, Ham said:

Watch out for the wonderful mosaic on 29 May to commemorate the 37th anniversary of the other one. 

Just sat through 'The Boot Room', the latest in a series of films in which BT indulges its obsession with all things Liverpool. When I say 'all things Liverpool', I was in fact struck by a curious omission.

The documentary was supposedly about the windowless room where Shankly, Paisley and Fagan talked tactics and team selection from the early 60s to the mid 80s. In reality it was just a sort of greatest hits of Liverpool's glorious and  unblemished history as everyone's favourite second team, with loads of goals, trophies and parades and very little talk of tactics.

The retirement of Shankly, the promotion of Paisley, the retirement of Paisley and the promotion of Fagan were all covered on great detail, as were their 4 European Cup wins between '77 and ''84.

That was the point at which they decided they would ignore the retirement of Joe Fagan and what was really the end of the legendary boot room. After 1984 they fast forwarded to Klopp, pictures of Liverpool winning the Champions League, and lots of cringe-worthy crap. 

It was strange how the retirement of Fagan after the 1985 European Cup Final against Juventus didn't warrant inclusion. 

I wonder why that was.

VA96   
21 hours ago, VA96 said:

1 step closer to what? Second place? We'd never get treatment like this, City won 5-1 and nothing about that 

Tweet now deleted! 

RDCW   
18 hours ago, Sciatika said:

We are always being told that the key selling point of the premier league abroad is that it is competitive throughout the league. In any given league game, either side could win. The bookmakers love it and so do those trying to sell media rights. To me, by extension, that means that for the PL to be most saleable, they feel they have to make sure the outcome is undecided until the last day. There is a reason why, as we get to the end of the season, we tend to get a lot of inexplicable losses to the leading teams. We usually put that down to nerves, but it may be much more insidious and things like VAR make that more rather than less likely because judgments are being made behind closed doors.

Did Elvis Presley tell you all this?

RDCW   
1 minute ago, Sciatika said:

Just a Suspicious Mind

🤣