CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

paulw66   

Be hilarious if all they end up with is the League cup. 

bert19   
22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

That should be a key factor of Tuchel's team talk for Saturday to be honest.  

RDCW   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

That would really make my season, and not just because it means we would have won the FA Cup!

bert19   

I'm curious: What would people's thoughts be if Tuchel's pre-match comments just referenced us being on the end of some terrible refereeing decisions that directly benefitted Liverpool in our previous encounters?

I know he doesn't go in for that, but I kind of feel some not-subtle public leveraging of the match officials might be in order tbh, place a bit of doubt in their heads. 

Klopp certainly wouldn't be shy about it if the shoe was on the other foot either.  

- Mane's bionic elbow

- Lukaku's goal 

- Keita's studs to Trev's groin 

- Even Werner VAR disallowed goal at Anfield last season when he was onside.  

There'd be some delicious irony tonight if they dropped points against Villa, Coutinho scoring would be the icing on the cake. 

One can but dream.

15 minutes ago, East Lower said:

There'd be some delicious irony tonight if they dropped points against Villa, Coutinho scoring would be the icing on the cake. 

One can but dream.

They won't , they'll be some lily livered excuse about what players were fit to play and not having great strength in depth etc as they wave Liverpool through 

VA96   

Villa against the top 6 this season are 0-1-5 so can't see anything but a rollover (pardon the Euromillions pun) 

Interesting that Villa were the 7th biggest spenders in Europe after Arsenal, Utd, Roma, Chelsea, City and Leipzig in the summer transfer window

chara   
41 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Villa against the top 6 this season are 0-1-5 so can't see anything but a rollover (pardon the Euromillions pun) 

Interesting that Villa were the 7th biggest spenders in Europe after Arsenal, Utd, Roma, Chelsea, City and Leipzig in the summer transfer window

Just a thought.....are Lamps and Slippy set to become the next generation of the Big Sam/Pullis genre of English coaches?......always in a job but never quite the top drawer..the career swings and roundabouts figures?

Sciatika   
47 minutes ago, VA96 said:

I thought with Ings and Watkins upfront, Villa might have a chance. And then I remembered Mings at the back. Don't think I'll bother watching.