CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

As much as I dislike Liverpool, the Premier League would be in a very bad state without them staying competetive with City. Without Liverpool, this would be City's 5th consecutive title won in Janaury while rarely having to get out of second gear.  

asvaberg   
13 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

As much as I dislike Liverpool, the Premier League would be in a very bad state without them staying competetive with City. Without Liverpool, this would be City's 5th consecutive title won in Janaury while rarely having to get out of second gear.  

And how many Champions League trophies? 😂😂😂

Ham   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

They won't , they'll be some lily livered excuse about what players were fit to play and not having great strength in depth etc as they wave Liverpool through 

And then miraculously recovering in time to subsequently play v City. 

2 hours ago, VA96 said:

Villa against the top 6 this season are 0-1-5 so can't see anything but a rollover (pardon the Euromillions pun) 

Interesting that Villa were the 7th biggest spenders in Europe after Arsenal, Utd, Roma, Chelsea, City and Leipzig in the summer transfer window

Villa are well ahead of us in net spend over the past 10 years. 

Five changes for Liverpool tonight and an extra days rest , mind you our incredible strength in depth will surely make us favourites for the Cup .

Sciatika   

Would be funny if Mane and VVD managed to get themselves sent off tonight.

Ham   

Jota takes out not one, but two villa players with a Kung Fu kick for the dipper goal and VAR say it's fine. 

Only after the game restarts does Carragher admit that it could have been a foul. 

Dipper main presenter, plus Redknapp plus Carragher covering the game and yet Pep was forced to give an interview on Sky today to retract his favouritism accusation. 

It's all so.....

20220425_082901.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Jota takes out not one, but two villa players with a Kung Fu kick for the dipper goal and VAR say it's fine. 

Only after the game restarts does Carragher admit that it could have been a foul. 

Dipper main presenter, plus Redknapp plus Carragher covering the game and yet Pep was forced to give an interview on Sky today to retract his favouritism accusation. 

It's all so.....

20220425_082901.jpg

I don't know if you noticed but for the Villa goal I think Tsimikas pushes the Villa forward in the back and falls over hoping for a free kick , they're just a cheating machine.

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't know if you noticed but for the Villa goal I think Tsimikas pushes the Villa forward in the back and falls over hoping for a free kick , they're just a cheating machine.

And now Keita with a red card challenge. Carragher says the villa player was trying to be clever. Then sees the late studs on ankle challenge and says "oh maybe it was a free kick".  No mention of red cards and Sky/VAR just move on. 

Does a dipper need to actually brandish a knife for a red?

20220425_082901.jpg

11 hours ago, bert19 said:

I'm curious: What would people's thoughts be if Tuchel's pre-match comments just referenced us being on the end of some terrible refereeing decisions that directly benefitted Liverpool in our previous encounters?

I know he doesn't go in for that, but I kind of feel some not-subtle public leveraging of the match officials might be in order tbh, place a bit of doubt in their heads. 

Klopp certainly wouldn't be shy about it if the shoe was on the other foot either.  

- Mane's bionic elbow

- Lukaku's goal 

- Keita's studs to Trev's groin 

- Even Werner VAR disallowed goal at Anfield last season when he was onside.  

Well, the saying goes that these things even them out over a season. So we are due three massively corrupt decisions in our favour on Saturday.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And the ‘bestest defender ever, ever’ demands a free kick for it! Laughable, and they’re still whining at the ref about it after they score.