CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

53 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Schadenfreude (It's a German word, Jurgen)

"I don't understand how the Wolverhampton supporters can celebrate when City score a goal. I don't understand these kind of feelings."

His English his so good you'd think he'd know the English language has adopted the word from his native tongue.

chara   

So  "I don't understand these kind of feelings"...huh?....how long have you been here  Jurgen ?...... Is Liverpool such a closed city that no outside influences get past the gate keepers?

Perhaps it's that genuine football fans who support their club through thick and thin resent being told that Liverpool are their "second" team and the true Club of the People etc etc. when the reality is that their club is the be all and end all.....the bellends at every club rant and rave at their favourite villain club but apart from the begrudged acknowledgement of Liverpool's ability at this time..after 30 years of what?..... fans do not laud Liverpool as "their" club. There are very long memories on the ghosts of the terraces.

paulw66   
21 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

It looked dodgy at one point but my God that was a beautiful relief.

I was going to reply, but the below did it for me.............

6 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

It's not just Liverpool NOT winning the league which was a lovely feeling.

It's the manner of it. They absolutely thought they had it. Coutinho scored the 2nd goal, Gerrard the manager. It was all written so perfectly for them. I'll be honest, I thought they had it as well. I thought City would probably make the 2-2, but not the 3-2. Liverpool hadn't scored yet while City were not winning, but it was inevitable they would. Seeing the tears in the crowd was glorious. 

Scousers are going to try and pass it off as if they were never in with a shout. They absolutely were, and best of all it was their hero that slipped up (AGAIN!) as City fans reminded them when they invaded the pitch. Also Everton fans were in absolute jubilation as well. 

Now over to Karim the Dream to get the job done. 

Yes! At 1-0 you'd still be thinking City would win. At 2-0, the Scousers must have had real hope that they would get at least a draw.

Great day. 

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Schadenfreude (It's a German word, Jurgen)

and it fits perfectly. 

Has anyone seen the footage of the Wolves fans singing "you nearly won the league" to the tune of "we're gonna win the league"

Gold. 

chara   

Yep CarefreeM nailed it..... from watching Chelsea concede an inevitable equaliser and being unaware of the changing scores elsewhere sinking further into a quiet despair knowing that Liverpool were going to be crowned Champions and the endless media fawning that would follow..

And Then,...And Then ..uh uh..Along Came Jones...as The Football Gods had the last (slipped in) laugh and giggled at Liverpool....Barkley emerged from the shadows and gave Chelsea victory..the Sun came out and Joy To The Football World!

As A Great once said.."Funny Old Game"

Ruudboy   

Had been looking forward to SB for the last game of the season, but my old man is seriously ill so did a hospital visit instead - couldn’t get the match on the hospital tv and no radio. Got back in time for MOTD only for there to be a power cut for the next three hours. Thanks for the commentary, chaps, hopefully the match was recorded on Sky+. Had the joy of translating “schadenfreude” for my sister’s Liverpool-loving boyfriend….won’t get a birthday card from him now, I suspect.

chara   
1 hour ago, Ruudboy said:

Had been looking forward to SB for the last game of the season, but my old man is seriously ill so did a hospital visit instead - couldn’t get the match on the hospital tv and no radio. Got back in time for MOTD only for there to be a power cut for the next three hours. Thanks for the commentary, chaps, hopefully the match was recorded on Sky+. Had the joy of translating “schadenfreude” for my sister’s Liverpool-loving boyfriend….won’t get a birthday card from him now, I suspect.

Reminds me of a story my multi lingual sister recounted (bear with me) On an exchange education visit to Mexico she dismissed the offer of a translator..she is fluent in Spanish..only to be brought to her knees at the end of the visit after being informed that a term she had been using for a young woman was a local slang for a whore...the connection?.....in North Wales when I lived there among mainly Everton fans..."Schadenfreude" was translated into local slang as "Sh** on Liverpool always"......

For Khobar!

Edited by chara
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

Hope your dad improves very soon mate.

Ruudboy   

Thanks @Phoenixblue, but that it unlikely - It’s a matter of time. Makes you realise football is secondary to family. 

• Sad 1

chara   
3 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

Thanks @Phoenixblue, but that it unlikely - It’s a matter of time. Makes you realise football is secondary to family. 

Meant to add....... my thoughts are with you regarding your Dad.......keep strong...in many ways there is a family on here and I believe I speak for everyone in offering our support in what is a harrowing time for your Family>