CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

I just have this image of us having to disappear down manholes to get to our seats and using torches to see the football. Hopefully they have grass that can grow without sunlight.

I assume "tanked" means some sort of artificial environment for the pitch. They can lower the pitch and cover it with another floor in some modern stadiums, so I'm guessing the technology is there.

I assume "tanked" means some sort of artificial environment for the pitch. They can lower the pitch and cover it with another floor in some modern stadiums, so I'm guessing the technology is there.

I assumed that there would be an impermeable layer below the subsoil an around the sides, so that the thread of flooding from the water table was removed.

Sea foot   

I assumed that there would be an impermeable layer below the subsoil an around the sides, so that the thread of flooding from the water table was removed.

Yep, it's what I'd have thought.

Just thinking, the underground track must be 4m from road level, I don't remember ever having a problem on the tube.

Ham   

That is precisely what tanking is.

On the subject of a scale model of the completed stadium, does anyone else picture Roman in his lair right now pushing miniature figures around in a muwahaha goldfinger stylee?

No? Just me?

Gutted they're getting rid of Under The Bridge.

Me too. I enjoyed sharing a fag break with Nancy Griffiths outside their after her gig back in 2012.

Blimey Mr Droy, back in the 70s Shed End we never bothered ourselves with impermeable subsoil and water tables. All we had to worry about was burning bovril and slipping on frozen *iss.

What do you find... Emirate-ey about it?

I really like everything I've heard so far, the club/Roman are really going for it.

Oh I'm only basing this on the limited pictures and info we have at this stage so I may be way off base here with my fears.

But basically, I'm struggling to see how we can keep the "closeness" to the pitch while expanding with nearly 20,000 seats. More likely than not, the extra space won't be had in height (dig 4m down, no extra height on top) so as far as I'm able to extrapolate that will have to been less steep stands and hence the fans will be further away from the pitch.

But as I said - only guesswork so I may be way off here.

The Emirates (and Wembley) are horrible grounds in this regard. Sitting at the back of the lower tier means you see sweet FA of the pitch - you sit too far away.

Tanking the pitch would be creating an artificial environment for the pitch so that outside forces don't affect it, basically speaking the pitch will be waterproofed to nullify hygroscopic pressure and drainage issues to a non issue, same principle as tanking a basement so would assume sump pumps the lot.