Sir

Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We are more than mounting a credible challenge to Liverpool.
Mounting a credible challenge to Man City my not be feasible on a balanced budget.
But Abu Dhabi seems to be having problems at the moment - perhaps the result will be a balanced budget for City.

Sounds unlikely.  I know he is training at Cobham, but can't find any Squad news, and I thought squads get changed at end month.

Premier League: https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/4/Chelsea/squad

Chelsea FC website: https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/first-team?pageTab=players

Two half decent sources.

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

When DWMH says "Sounds unlikely. I know he is training at Cobham, but can't find any Squad news." he means Roman hasn't personally phoned him yet, so all official announcements elsewhere are to be discounted. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

chara   
36 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

When DWMH says "Sounds unlikely. I know he is training at Cobham, but can't find any Squad news." he means Roman hasn't personally phoned him yet, so all official announcements elsewhere are to be discounted. 😉

Hmm...more likely Roman is waiting for DWMH to call him with the update so he can give permission for a public announcement...(smile)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

We are more than mounting a credible challenge to Liverpool.

The race for second is on 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mounting a credible challenge to Man City my not be feasible on a balanced budget.

Done it in 2015 & 2017

1 hour ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Done it in 2015 & 2017

Not the same City.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Not even half decent.
Big gap between being owned by club and not on loan and being in the PL or CL squad.  Starting with a shirt number.

On 17/01/2022 at 4:00 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

I think we sorely lack a credible central midfielder that can score and create. Been our problem since Fabregas left… we also need to rebuild our defense. Rudiger likely to leave, ditto Azpilicueta. Who knows what Christensens plans are and Sarr is not likely to be a first choice option. 

Then we have our attackers. Pulisic, Lukaku, Werner, Ziyech and Havertz all have question marks regarding their consistency. In patches they can be good but I’m yet to see anyone of them perform over a season or even a long stretch of games. 

City and Liverpool have set the bar high. We are still quite some distance away and at the moment on par for a 74 point season. 16 points from what some think this team should see as par and only 8 points more than what Lampard achieved in 2019/20 and 7 points more than last season with arguably a lot stronger team (and money spent). 

Make that a 72 point season… 

Bison   
17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Since the summer of 2017 Chelsea have spent approximately £793m on players.

The wage bill as it stands:

FH63KOWWYCQa11-?format=jpg&name=small

Source - https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1476816609851367431?s=20

In the four full seasons since we've spent £793m on players we have finished on average 27 points behind the champions. We are 13 points off the pace this year and this gap will likely balloon again over the coming weeks.

Balanced budget indeed.

35 minutes ago, Bison said:

In the four full seasons since we've spent £793m on players we have finished on average 27 points behind the champions. We are 13 points off the pace this year and this gap will likely balloon again over the coming weeks.

Balanced budget indeed.

We sold a few players too.  The budget of Chelsea Man U and Liverpool are roughly balanced.  The budget of City is balanced only with big injections from related Abu Dhabi related companies.  You start with a period immediately after the PL win.  In that period we have been 5th once and top 4 the other years, won FA cup, Europa Cup, Champions League and been runner up in 3 other cups (+ super cup and LC finalists this year).

Happy to stand by my comments.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Since the summer of 2017 Chelsea have spent approximately £793m on players.

The wage bill as it stands:

FH63KOWWYCQa11-?format=jpg&name=small

Source - https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1476816609851367431?s=20

Balanced budget indeed.

Given how much we spend, the state of our squad is almost tragic. 

I don't blame marina. She is great at what she does. But as a club, we seem to lack a direction. We buy the "flavour of the month" and expect it to be as good when combined with 10 other flavours. 

Really need a sporting director.