Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

59 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Don't know why Kepa couldn't/didn't run to the touchline to explain. 

He knew he was just wasting time and he was happy about it.
The medics knew he was just wasting time and they were happy about it.

The only person who didn't know - and the only person who was unhappy about wasting time was Sarri.
Communication problem and the official translator left at the end of the season.

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Is it? Sorry but you'll need to explain that.

Its going to be difficult but I will try. I have a few technical issues on the site and one is that I often get blocked on a thread because I can not clear old posts and the only way to clear a blocked post on a thread  is to come to another thread and make a post, I chose one that was rarely used these days. Sorry, it can be deleted.

paulw66   

Curious as to whether anyone has seen his penalty record for Chelsea published anywhere? 

I don't have the will to go back and do it myself. 

bert19   
43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Curious as to whether anyone has seen his penalty record for Chelsea published anywhere? 

Earlier in the season, his numbers were along the lines of saving 1 in 3 that he’s faced at Chelsea

I was his harshest critic when he joined but he has improved immensely under the guidance of Tuchel , Cech etc and appears to have regained his mojo which is lovely to see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Penalty record not sure, but his penalty shootout record since his infamous rebellion is perfect 4 out of 4 won.

Europa League Semi, Super Cup Final, League Cup Last 32 and League Cup Last 16. He helped win us the Europa League, Super Cup and if we manage to do it he will have played a huge part in helping us win the League Cup this season. Oh and we lost the 2019 UEFA Super Cup.

In fact if you count the 2019 League Cup Semi, that would mean his penalty shootout stats are 5/7 won. 

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I was his harshest critic when he joined but he has improved immensely under the guidance of Tuchel , Cech etc and appears to have regained his mojo which is lovely to see. 

When that 2019 League Cup Final incident happened, I wanted him to never play for us again. But he has redeemed himself and for him to play in a winning League Cup Final this month would be a perfect completion to his redemption arc.

Also I loved his knee slide celebration at full time in Porto, true team player. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 1

It could well turn out that he is the perfect number 2 now that his confidence is back. He can come in and do a good job when the number 1 is out (as we've seen whilst Mendy has been at AFCON), he's great in a penalty shootout for the cup competitions and he shows lots of support to the team even when not playing.

The issue is, he is a REALLY expensive number 2!

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It could well turn out that he is the perfect number 2 now that his confidence is back. He can come in and do a good job when the number 1 is out (as we've seen whilst Mendy has been at AFCON), he's great in a penalty shootout for the cup competitions and he shows lots of support to the team even when not playing.

The issue is, he is a REALLY expensive number 2!

I know what you mean, but the two bolded statements are somewhat contradictory. 

As a number 2, he costs a fortune per season with the amortization of his transfer fee (roughly 10m) plus wages (roughly 8m).

18m per season for 7 seasons for a number 2 is just potty, irrespective of his ability.