Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Kepa Arrizabalaga

1 minute ago, Flinkers said:

Regarding his PK, yes it was poor. I think when you're that far down the pecking order, the only objective should be to hit the net and not be cute about where you put the ball.

Yes, I was expecting him not to score to be honest, but I was thinking it would be a soft shot saved, not an absolute moon ball. It seems like he used a goal kick technique, absolute glitched in the moment. 

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Regarding his PK, yes it was poor. I think when you're that far down the pecking order, the only objective should be to hit the net and not be cute about where you put the ball.

There's no point dwelling on your eleventh choice penalty taker missing their kick.

It's a once in a career thing at most. 

RDCW   

Kepa wasn't to blame for the defeat. Penalties are a lottery to a large extent; saving them if they are properly taken is a question of luck as much as judgement and this was a remarkable event where he was called on to play the unaccustomed role of actually taking one.

He does, however,  need to move on. He isn't and will never be our number 1 keeper and if Mendy isn't as good as him at penalty shootouts then we need to improve him in this facet of the game rather than anything else.

• Like 1

paulw66   
1 hour ago, RDC Williams said:

Kepa wasn't to blame for the defeat. Penalties are a lottery to a large extent; saving them if they are properly taken is a question of luck as much as judgement and this was a remarkable event where he was called on to play the unaccustomed role of actually taking one.

He does, however,  need to move on. He isn't and will never be our number 1 keeper and if Mendy isn't as good as him at penalty shootouts then we need to improve him in this facet of the game rather than anything else.

yes, indeed.

hopefully Kepa's upturn in form this season might make him an option for someone else. Newcastle? 

Flinkers   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

There's no point dwelling on your eleventh choice penalty taker missing their kick.

It's a once in a career thing at most. 

True, which is why I'm not too cut up about him missing - thought he'd at least get it on net but these things happen when you're last in line.

RDCW   
22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

yes, indeed.

hopefully Kepa's upturn in form this season might make him an option for someone else. Newcastle? 

I hope so for him and us.