Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

56 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Thanks.  Not too much to get excited about there over 90m vs Jamaica.  He seems very right footed, with the Willian preference of turning 270 degrees on his right foot instead of 90 degrees to his left.  But he is the first AM we have bought since Pedro, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for him.

20 years old and still looks a bit lightweight, but he is such a contrasting player to Hazard. Very direct, very willing to work. And the early pass is definitely an option now. 

Obviously Hazard produced some genuinely great moments in the Premier League, and he is an undisputed two time premier league champion with a lot more strength than young Pulisic.. but in terms of the potential team dynamics, I'm really optimistic having Pulisic in there instead.

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

20 years old and still looks a bit lightweight, but he is such a contrasting player to Hazard. Very direct, very willing to work. And the early pass is definitely an option now. 

Obviously Hazard produced some genuinely great moments in the Premier League, and he is an undisputed two time premier league champion with a lot more strength than young Pulisic.. but in terms of the potential team dynamics, I'm really optimistic having Pulisic in there instead.

Fully agreed. I’ve said many times last season I think we’ll be a better team without Hazard. People wonder why our attacks have been so slow and see no correlation correlation with Hazard needing at least five touches on the ball every time it comes to him. 

I think Pulisic will be a breath of fresh air! 

4 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I don't quite share the same level of optimism, but think it is very clear with the personnel we have that playing very direct football is the only option we have this season. That could work well for us, even with the star player gone.

Sir   

How’s he looked? Haven’t seen any of pre-season. Wonder how those shirt sales are doing/will do.

Leo91   
3 hours ago, Sir said:

How’s he looked? Haven’t seen any of pre-season. Wonder how those shirt sales are doing/will do.

Hazard lite. Great close control and touch. But more direct than Eden. People nitpicking his stats don't see the bigger picture. He's gonna slot in amazingly well. 

On 01/08/2019 at 8:48 AM, thevelourfog said:

I don't quite share the same level of optimism, but think it is very clear with the personnel we have that playing very direct football is the only option we have this season. That could work well for us, even with the star player gone.

I loved Hazard WHEN he was up for it 

Pulusic will do well IMO, he is young and not being held up as the star, if he has a team mentality he will be ok

chara   
24 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I loved Hazard WHEN he was up for it 

Pulusic will do well IMO, he is young and not being held up as the star, if he has a team mentality he will be ok

Yep..as long as he is not judged as a "new".Hazard and as a young player with potential and he IS a team player.

1 hour ago, chara said:

Yep..as long as he is not judged as a "new".Hazard and as a young player with potential and he IS a team player.

We need to bulk him up. Hazard and Willian, whilst short, are both fairly stocky which is has helped them retain the ball. Only way wingers/AM's of Pulisic's size work is if you can play that one touch football like City do but we do not have the players for that. 

Edited by King Kante

Jasonb   
On 25/08/2019 at 8:21 PM, King Kante said:

We need to bulk him up. Hazard and Willian, whilst short, are both fairly stocky which is has helped them retain the ball. Only way wingers/AM's of Pulisic's size work is if you can play that one touch football like City do but we do not have the players for that. 

Willian bulked up, you could have fooled me.

Hazard did yet was the most marked man in the EPL, Willian was/ is not.

I think Pulisic needs a little time before we can make generalisations though bulking up in future might be one.