Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

Recommended Posts

I thought a player becomes "injury prone" AFTER his/her first injury. It's how his/her body reacts to the injury.

How many injuries did Essien and kante have before their first knee and muscle injuries (correspondingly). Literal ever present. Counting the amount of games pulisic played in 2017 is probably the most pointless argument anyone can possibly make in a discussion about pulisic being injury prone. Might as well Include his u9 and u12 games. 

Anyways, let's hope he comes back soon specially with Lukaku and Werner injured. Atleast provide some cover to the forward positions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I thought a player becomes "injury prone" AFTER his/her first injury. It's how his/her body reacts to the injury.

Aha.  That is "injured".  
You could argue that Essien was not injury prone, just found it hard to recover from his injury (or maybe better, suffered severe injuries and valiantly played on despite them).  But that is not injury prone.
 image.png.c09a79a82d5d7ab3837f4e64667ae55f.png
  Injury Prone means likely to receive future injuries.  That is why his whole injury history is relevant and his current injury is happenstance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Aha.  That is "injured".  
You could argue that Essien was not injury prone, just found it hard to recover from his injury (or maybe better, suffered severe injuries and valiantly played on despite them).  But that is not injury prone.
 image.png.c09a79a82d5d7ab3837f4e64667ae55f.png
  Injury Prone means likely to receive future injuries.  That is why his whole injury history is relevant and his current injury is happenstance.

😂😂

So him likely to get injured in future has no correlation with his current injury? The fact that his knees kept getting battered? Like kante's recurring muscle injury. Hell, just go and read about van ginkel. 

Pulisic's injury record is not "happenstance". You don't miss 40+ games in 2 years barely playing 4000mins and call it completely "co-incidental". And that's the whole point of it all. Pulisic is the definition of an injury prone player, end of. 

Edited by didierforever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
15 minutes ago, didierforever said:

😂😂

So him likely to get injured in future has no correlation with his current injury? The fact that his knees kept getting battered? Like kante's recurring muscle injury. Hell, just go and read about van ginkel. 

Pulisic's injury record is not "happenstance". You don't miss 40+ games in 2 years barely playing 4000mins and call it completely "co-incidental". And that's the whole point of it all. Pulisic is the definition of an injury prone player, end of

Almost certainly not unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, didierforever said:

So him likely to get injured in future has no correlation with his current injury? 

 

Correct.  

14 minutes ago, didierforever said:

The fact that his knees kept getting battered?

Knees?  It is his ankle at the moment.  But yes all AMs get kicked a lot and get ankle injuries a a lot.  Fortunately the last time Pulisic played he was still going round players and getting whacked.

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Hell, just go and read about van ginkel. 

Indeed.  Fortunately we are talking about Pulisic.    246 games at 23.  Why even mention van Ginkel.

16 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Pulisic's injury record is not "happenstance". You don't miss 40+ games in 2 years barely playing 4000mins and call it completely "co-incidental". And that's the whole point of it all. Pulisic is the definition of an injury prone player, end of. 

You really are confused about what "injured" means, not just the word prone.  Coming on for 5 mins as sub or just sitting on the bench means the player is NOT injured.
You seem to be confusing "rotation with a brilliant set of colleagues" with injured.  It isn't - ask Cabballero.

15 minutes ago, didierforever said:

😂😂

You seem to be making a complete idiot of yourself and laughing about it.  2 posts ago you admitted you didn't even understand the word "prone". Don't worry Ham will back you up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   

Pulisic and Kante for what ever reasons are injury prone it seems ..we all know it.......for what ever reasons......no discussion however long running and basically futile will change things...... missed games through injury...IT'S SIMPLE....... WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE SITUATION IS..... FOR WHATEVER REASONS....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
58 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

 

Indeed.  Fortunately we are talking about Pulisic.    246 games at 23.  Why even mention van Ginkel.

 

You seem to be making a complete idiot of yourself and laughing about it.  2 posts ago you admitted you didn't even understand the word "prone". Don't worry Ham will back you up again.

How did you quote me saying something I didn't say?  Who mentioned Van Ginkel? 

Secondly, I will always back someone up when they are stating absolutely facts. 

You are the only person in this debate that thinks that boy wonder hasn't had a terrible injury record in the past two seasons. 

 

Edited by Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
On 24/10/2021 at 2:03 AM, didierforever said:

4959 mins played.

40 games missed through various injuries equivalent to 3600 mins. 

For every 1.3 minute he plays, he is injured for 1 minute. Enough said. 

Out of curiosity, where do you get your data from?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now