Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

chara   
26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/player/pulisic-christian/vTuaEfRq/
Click show more matches a few times to show earlier games.
I do include Internationals and I think 3 pre-seasons games.  And it is appearances not 90 mins, but an appearance implies he was fit to play.
I could have said 49 times when he was available (3 not used on bench + 1 not injured but not in squad).

I count it as  64games, injured 15, on bench 3, not in squad 1,  appeared 45.

He was 23 not long ago, he has played one hell of a lot of games, not just this year.
No idea why people insist on believing otherwise.  Though to be fair, he did let down his manager in 2020.

I think you mean leading the discussion.  

Thank you Droy....."leaning" ?...couldn't think of the right word....I think I was gently trying to say perhaps although right emphasising your point!

Whilst thinking he does appear to carry  injuries for a long time..recovery time seems inordinately long ... I am getting to the point of not feeling any trust in his selection or his influence on tough games...when I first watched him I thought he had a very good awareness on the pitch but been so long since I watched hardly more than a cameo I;m wondering if that is still so....I take little notice of the ridiculous media coverage over here....would be an embarrassment for Bestie...who warranted the overkill.....

19 minutes ago, chara said:

Thank you Droy....."leaning" ?...couldn't think of the right word....I think I was gently trying to say perhaps although right emphasising your point!

Whilst thinking he does appear to carry  injuries for a long time..recovery time seems inordinately long ... I am getting to the point of not feeling any trust in his selection or his influence on tough games...when I first watched him I thought he had a very good awareness on the pitch but been so long since I watched hardly more than a cameo I;m wondering if that is still so....I take little notice of the ridiculous media coverage over here....would be an embarrassment for Bestie...who warranted the overkill.....

I think that is because in Men's football, USA is the N Ireland of football.

chara   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think that is because in Men's football, USA is the N Ireland of football.

One of the real regrets of Football..that Bestie didn't grace a wider International horizon...... I may be a bit sniffy about the Football here but an unfair comparison..N.Ireland much higher!....but take your point!!!!!

15 hours ago, chara said:

Droy...your statistics when not part of a "discussion"(even then usually right if sometimes "leaning") I have always found spot on but am struggling to see where you come up with 45 game appearances this year..... not arguing just looking for evidence...my maybe unsound unchecked  maths says possibly 25 games from Jan to end of season and say 20 this season...plus odds and s... s and Internationals but that means playing almost every game... can't get 45 appearances ?.....be happy to be convinced.

Anyone with a non biased point of view should be looking at it that ways. The fact is pulisic has played as many minutes as he has missed. Which is telling in itself.

paulw66   
18 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

45 appearances since start of January.  Just saying.

who for?

In 2020/21 (the whole season) he played 43 games for Chelsea and has played 4 times this season, so 47 appearances in a season and a 1/3 

I presume more than 2 of those 43 appearances were pre January 2021?

Don't understand your number.

Edit - he has played 4 games for Chelsea this season. We can't have played the required 41 games (to make the 45) from January to May, surely?

Edited by paulw66

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

Anyone with a non biased point of view should be looking at it that ways. The fact is pulisic has played as many minutes as he has missed. Which is telling in itself.

I thought the topic was injuries, not selection or rotation  If you want to have a go at TT shouldn't that be on a different thread.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

who for?

I did say above it includes internationals.  You haven't uncovered a secret here.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/player/pulisic-christian/vTuaEfRq/
Click show more matches a few times to show earlier games.

I  find the number a lot easier to understand than what some are saying here.

54 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

who for?

In 2020/21 (the whole season) he played 43 games for Chelsea and has played 4 times this season, so 47 appearances in a season and a 1/3 

I presume more than 2 of those 43 appearances were pre January 2021?

Edit - he has played 4 games for Chelsea this season. We can't have played the required 41 games (to make the 45) from January to May, surely?

You'd be more accurate if you had said he has played IN four games. 😉   In all he's featured for 180 minutes so he's effectively played two whole games.

I was looking at his stats in Transfermarket and more specifically games in 2021... the occasional full 90 minutes, but also 3 minutes, 24 minutes etc. and lots of out injured or Covid related or simply not in the squad (having played minutes in games either side)

I've nothing against the lad - indeed when he's on form he's the closest we have to a Hazard replacement - but we need him to be able to play 75 minutes or more in 75% or more of our games, and he simply doesn't. Not even close to that requirement.

If some want to say he's injury prone, and if others are denying he's injury prone, makes no difference. The bottom line is that he's not available to give us the minutes a game-changing player should be able to give us.

• Like 1

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

You'd be more accurate if you had said he has played IN four games. 😉   In all he's featured for 180 minutes so he's effectively played two whole games.

sure, but the point being he has been available for 4 games. Not being picked or being subbed off is a different question.

He needs to be available more though (for Chelsea) I think is something we can all agree on. 

For me, he is worth persisting with. If he can get and maintain some fitness, I think he can be exactly the player we need.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

sure, but the point being he has been available for 4 games. Not being picked or being subbed off is a different question.

He needs to be available more though (for Chelsea) I think is something we can all agree on. 

For me, he is worth persisting with. If he can get and maintain some fitness, I think he can be exactly the player we need.

True... but many have been saying that pretty much since he first arrived. 54 appearances for Chelsea in a little under 2½ seasons. Not difficult to see why some are thinking we've not seen much of a return for the nearly £60m we paid plus the reputed £150,000 a week wages he gets. How much longer do we 'persist' with him?

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

54 appearances for Chelsea in a little under 2½ seasons.

PL appearances.  25, and 27 in his first two seasons.
81 club appearances total.

Pulisic was 11th for PL minutes for us in 19/20 and 12th in 20/21.  Just saying