Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

You'd be more accurate if you had said he has played IN four games. 😉   In all he's featured for 180 minutes so he's effectively played two whole games.

I was looking at his stats in Transfermarket and more specifically games in 2021... the occasional full 90 minutes, but also 3 minutes, 24 minutes etc. and lots of out injured or Covid related or simply not in the squad (having played minutes in games either side)

I've nothing against the lad - indeed when he's on form he's the closest we have to a Hazard replacement - but we need him to be able to play 75 minutes or more in 75% or more of our games, and he simply doesn't. Not even close to that requirement.

If some want to say he's injury prone, and if others are denying he's injury prone, makes no difference. The bottom line is that he's not available to give us the minutes a game-changing player should be able to give us.

Exactly. It's hard to get injured when you are not playing.

Don't know why thats so hard for people to understand. You don't get injured when you just come in after warming up. You mostly get injured when your body and muscles are tired, and you try to push yourself further. When your muscles are aching and you still make that extra sprint. Or when you are long enough on the pitch to atleast get some contact and an injury through it.

Pulisic being "available" for x number of games is one of the most pointless stats to play around with when discussing his injury history. If he does not play, he will be available for 100% games, does not make him non injury prone. It just makes him useless (which despite his talent he is tending to).

What matters is the number of minutes he has played and missed. Which is an abysmal ratio. 

Most of the posters understand and see it for what it is, except for the special case of troll who just has to argue for the most pointless point

Edited by didierforever

6 minutes ago, didierforever said:

What matters is the number of minutes he has played and missed. Which is an abysmal ratio. 

55 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pulisic was 11th for PL minutes for us in 19/20 and 12th in 20/21.  Just saying

My opinion is that he needs to get on the pitch for Chelsea and quickly start performing at the high level he has shown he is able to. Then this whole thread becomes a moot point. The current perception of many (regardless of anyone's opinions of that perception), is that he is on a plane to the US every other fortnight and returns, unable to play for us, except in dribs and underwhelming drabs.

25 minutes ago, didierforever said:

4500 mins OVERALL in 2 and 1/3 season. So lol

Good that you can find the numbers - good you find them funny.
But what does it mean for our non-first choice AM player?

Can you do the interpretation?  do you know what is standard?  How does he compare to other players?  Or is it just enough to shout a number and add "lol"

Hint - start with telling us how many players have more than 4500 Chelsea mins in the same 2 and 1/3 seasons.
And if you can't do the maths - give us a guess and I'll check it out myself for you.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Good that you can find the numbers - good you find them funny.
But what does it mean for our non-first choice AM player?

Can you do the interpretation?  do you know what is standard?  How does he compare to other players?  Or is it just enough to shout a number and add "lol"

Hint - start with telling us how many players have more than 4500 Chelsea mins in the same 2 and 1/3 seasons.
And if you can't do the maths - give us a guess and I'll check it out myself for you.

The problem is that if someone asks you to interpret 1+1=2, how exactly do you do it? 

I am not gonna get in a pointless troll filled discussion with you. 

The numbers are in front of you. Pulisic has played 4500 minutes and missed the same amount of minutes through injuries, not counting minutes that he missed on the bench or out of the squad or this or that. Just minutes played to minutes missed. That's it. He has the worst ratio or maybe a very close 2nd with kante being the worst in the same time period. The same kante who despite having been an eternal in Leicester and ours league wins. But you, I and anyone else (or maybe only sane people) will still call him injury prone. Does not matter how many minutes he played in 15-16 or 14-15. Same goes for pulisic. Your useless argument is not going to change pulisic's injury record and the fact that he is the definition of "injury prone". And that's that. Good night. 

Edited by didierforever

10 minutes ago, didierforever said:

The numbers are in front of you. Pulisic has played 4500 minutes

Is that a small amount or a big amount?

Or are you arguing it must be a small amount because it is Pulisic and your beliefs can't be challenged.

I guess the number is in front of you - but it doesn't mean much without the other numbers.

Again - where is he in the highest minute list for the last 2 and a bit seasons?  Do you know?

11 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Just minutes played to minutes missed. That's it. He has the worst ratio or maybe a very close 2nd with kante being the worst in the same time period.

You gotta  be kidding.  Worse than RLC?  Worse than CHO?  Do you have a list?  
Not that it is a meaningful stat as regards being injury prone.

It is fine to have a view.  It is fine to know a number.  
But if you don't know whether it is a big number or a small number you are better off without it.

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is that a small amount or a big amount?

Or are you arguing it must be a small amount because it is Pulisic and your beliefs can't be challenged.

I guess the number is in front of you - but it doesn't mean much without the other numbers.

Again - where is he in the highest minute list for the last 2 and a bit seasons?  Do you know?

You gotta  be kidding.  Worse than RLC?  Worse than CHO?  Do you have a list?  
Not that it is a meaningful stat as regards being injury prone.

It is fine to have a view.  It is fine to know a number.  
But if you don't know whether it is a big number or a small number you are better off without it.

😂😂

See this is where the problem is. When you ask questions like 4500 mins in 2 and 1/3 seasons being a "big number". It just makes you an obvious troll.

Ruudboy   
47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Can the two of you just agree to disagree on this one?

Doubt it. They don't seem to agree on much else!