Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

How many minutes has Pulisic played for us?

Nowhere near as many as someone ostensibly bought as a "Hazard replacement" - a "game-changer" if you will - would have been expected to play when we spent just short of £60m on him aged 21

Ruudboy   

FFS please ….. enough, already ….. I’m losing my sanity here ….. can we call it a day, please? Next thing you’ll be asking whether Pulisic was habitually standing in the wrong place on the rare chance he actually played …. 

paulw66   

Great to see him back, and scoring. 

Has a real knack of getting those type of goals in and around the 6 yard box. More so than any other of our attackers, I would say.

Just need to keep him fit and he's a real plus. (appreciate this has been the difficult bit)

Averaging a goal every 2.65 games in the PL since his arrival

• Like 1

Bison   

Pulisic will have 2 years left on his deal after the season. I can't see the club offering him an extension as you normally would with a young player with 2 years left on their deal. 

Question is: where could he go that would pay him his current salary? And how much of the 58m spent on him could Marina recoup? I would guess 'not a lot'. 

I think he has potential , whether he trusts his body to let loose the shackles and fulfil that potential is the question . 

On his day he's fantastic but we haven't been treated to many of those recently which I presume is a fitness issue once more. 

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think he has potential , whether he trusts his body to let loose the shackles and fulfil that potential is the question . 

On his day he's fantastic but we haven't been treated to many of those recently which I presume is a fitness issue once more. 

Since his return from injury (end of October), how many games has he started as a winger? 

Answer 4. 

Goals 2. 

He has suffered from trying to help out at wing back or CF (a position he cannot do)

Edited by paulw66

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Since his return from injury (end of October), how many games has he started as a winger? 

Answer 4. 

Goals 2. 

He has suffered from trying to help out at wing back or CF (a position he cannot do)

I'm hoping that now everyone else is starting to regain fitness we go with the 4-1-4-1 which appeared to get the best out of CHO , Mount , Ziyech and to a lesser degree Lukaku 

There is a place for Pulisic covering for CHO and Ziyech and possibly Mount in that system so I'm hopeful we'll see some more good games as he's certainly got it in him . 

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm hoping that now everyone else is starting to regain fitness we go with the 4-1-4-1 which appeared to get the best out of CHO , Mount , Ziyech and to a lesser degree Lukaku 

There is a place for Pulisic covering for CHO and Ziyech and possibly Mount in that system so I'm hopeful we'll see some more good games as he's certainly got it in him . 

Yes, particularly against weaker sides. Get an extra attacker on for a defender. 

Bison   
40 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Answer 4. 

Goals 2. 

Based on the last 3 years, would you offer him an extension?

Two years remaining is usually is the stick or twist moment.