Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

paulw66   
Just now, Bison said:

Based on the last 3 years, would you offer him an extension?

Two years remaining is usually is the stick or twist moment. 

yes. 

chara   
25 minutes ago, Bison said:

Based on the last 3 years, would you offer him an extension?

Two years remaining is usually is the stick or twist moment. 

No....would wait until end of next season and depending on how he performs if injury free....if same injury/form history?....no offer...

paulw66   
39 minutes ago, Bison said:

Wow. 

well, you made your mind up after about 3 games 

paulw66   
On 31/08/2019 at 5:48 PM, Bison said:

Whoever paid £60m for this guy needs to be fire TODAY.

On 31/08/2019 at 7:53 PM, paulw66 said:

Cretinous quite frankly. 

Bloke has played 4 games 

Sorry, 4 games

2 hours ago, Bison said:

Pulisic will have 2 years left on his deal after the season. I can't see the club offering him an extension as you normally would with a young player with 2 years left on their deal. 

Question is: where could he go that would pay him his current salary? And how much of the 58m spent on him could Marina recoup? I would guess 'not a lot'. 

I'm pretty sure there would be teams who'd stump up £35m+ for him were it not for his wages.

Bison   
49 minutes ago, chara said:

No....would wait until end of next season and depending on how he performs if injury free....if same injury/form history?....no offer...

I think 3 years is more than a big enough period of time to figure out who a player is.

What's more likely to happen next season: Pulisic has yet another poor - average season or he goes up several levels and becomes a top player?

If the club want to get serious about building a squad to compete for a league title then he should be one of the first to go. We need to upgrade in that position and he's the one with the shortest contract so get whatever you can for him and move on. We have less chances of offloading Havertz, Werner etc who are on longer contracts and presumably more money. 

32 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry, 4 games

I wasn't wrong to be fair. Never in a million years worth the amount paid for him. And whoever signed/scouted him has continued to spend badly.

chara   
44 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm pretty sure there would be teams who'd stump up £35m+ for him were it not for his wages.

Think you are right.....somehow I get the feeling that he just does not have the consistency, for whatever reason, for a top challenging side but would do well in a mid table "safe" side. 

He is the "face" of Chelsea over here and given more coverage than his overall input warrants. Not his fault but MLS "pushers" here are always desperate to show how USA players are as good as any in the World yadda yadda. 

Always potentially good enough but homegrown players just do not have the same exposure at a young age as do most other countries' cream of the crop.

chara   
23 minutes ago, Bison said:

I think 3 years is more than a big enough period of time to figure out who a player is.

What's more likely to happen next season: Pulisic has yet another poor - average season or he goes up several levels and becomes a top player?

If the club want to get serious about building a squad to compete for a league title then he should be one of the first to go. We need to upgrade in that position and he's the one with the shortest contract so get whatever you can for him and move on. We have less chances of offloading Havertz, Werner etc who are on longer contracts and presumably more money. 

I wasn't wrong to be fair. Never in a million years worth the amount paid for him. And whoever signed/scouted him has continued to spend badly.

Harsh but true..I think I was trying to be "fair" considering his injury record but my gut feeling is about the same as your points.

Bison   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I just can't see a market for him at that range. Anybody capable of spending 35m will want a better player that will have resale value.