Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Surprised you have to ask "what I mean by starting forward". I mean the type of starting forwards that liverpool have. Seen their forwards? They namely go by Mane, salah, jota and diaz. 

If you think we can compete for the title with Puli playing 30 out of 38 games, congrats to you to blinding yourself. I will stay in the real world and see pulisic for what he is, a bang average player who can have a good moment here or there. Nothing more than that. Hell, if he was our starting forward, we wont find it hard to make top4. 

I presume you meant to say, we will find it hard...........

We have made top 4 year every season he has been here.

31 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Surprised you have to ask "what I mean by starting forward". I mean the type of starting forwards that liverpool have. Seen their forwards? They namely go by Mane, salah, jota and diaz. 

If you think we can compete for the title with Puli playing 30 out of 38 games, congrats to you to blinding yourself. I will stay in the real world and see pulisic for what he is, a bang average player who can have a good moment here or there. Nothing more than that. Hell, if he was our starting forward, we wont find it hard to make top4. 

Extremely unfair to compare Pulisic to players who make up the best forward line in world club football

Kova is the only player in our entire squad who Liverpool fans think is good enough for their starting 11. Kante was another before he started to decline. So on that basis, we might as well start  getting rid of everyone except Kova. I might add that he too is a player with his own glaring flaws in his game.

Edited by boratsbrother

23 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Why? It seems to be an arbitrary defintion that you've made up.

You've named 4 players there and they only play 3 usually so by definition only 3 can "start".

57 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I presume you meant to say, we will find it hard...........

We have made top 4 year every season he has been here.

Because he was either injured or barely had a starting role. 

44 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Why? It seems to be an arbitrary defintion that you've made up.

You've named 4 players there and they only play 3 usually so by definition only 3 can "start".

If 4 players are considered as main "starters" that means each would normally play 3/4 of the games. 

Hence why I said if Puli is a starter, he would 30 out of 38. Not rocket science. Don't know where the confusion is. Weird we need to have a discussion regarding "starting" players.

7 minutes ago, didierforever said:

If 4 players are considered as main "starters" that means each would normally play 3/4 of the games. 

Hence why I said if Puli is a starter, he would 30 out of 38. Not rocket science. Don't know where the confusion is. Weird we need to have a discussion regarding "starting" players.

Liverpool are an exception because Klopp has run those guys in to the ground until recently as they didn't really have much depth. Otherwise, the conccept of "starters" doesn't exist in football anymore for the best clubs. We play too many games to pick the same 15 players all the time and be really successful. It's a squad game now.

59 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Kova is the only player in our entire squad who Liverpool fans think is good enough for their starting 11. 

Well they would think that. I happen to think Rudiger, James, Kante, Kovacic and Mount are all up for debate even if they aren't automatic picks. Our front 3 gets nowhere near it though!

55 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Well they would think that. I happen to think Rudiger, James, Kante, Kovacic and Mount are all up for debate even if they aren't automatic picks. Our front 3 gets nowhere near it though!

Rudi isn't as good in a back four, so he wouldn't be a first choice for Liverpool.

No way a clearly declining Kante gets into the Liverpool team. 

Close call between James and TTA, but TTA just edges out James imho.

Mount would get his fair share of starts in this Liverpool team.

I don't think Kovacic or Mount would be a first 11 choice starter for City.  James might be the only one who would.

46 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Rudi isn't as good in a back four, so he wouldn't be a first choice for Liverpool.

No way a clearly declining Kante gets into the Liverpool team. 

Close call between James and TTA, but TTA just edges out James imho.

Mount would get his fair share of starts in this Liverpool team.

I don't think Kovacic or Mount would be a first 11 choice starter for City.  James might be the only one who would.

We only have two players who would start regularly for Liverpool. James and Mount. Neither would be automatic starters but they’d definitely start their fair share of games. 

No one else is even close. 

11 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Liverpool are an exception because Klopp has run those guys in to the ground until recently as they didn't really have much depth. Otherwise, the conccept of "starters" doesn't exist in football anymore for the best clubs. We play too many games to pick the same 15 players all the time and be really successful. It's a squad game now.

Seriously? 

So you have a doubt as to who is the starter in the city side? The likes of kdb, laporte, dias, Walker, cancelo, Silva , Ederson. You have doubts on them being classified as starters? 

Or for Liverpool, the likes of salah, Mane, Henderson, vvd, taa, Robertson, Allison being starters. These are the 2 best teams in the world, and if fit, I can easily name 7/8 players for any game which is not a dead rubber or an initial rounds of a domestic cup. 

For the RM vs Liverpool final, I can bet I can came atleast 18 of the players that start the game. Don't make it into rocket science, cause it's not. The concept of a starter is still very very prevalent. 

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

We only have two players who would start regularly for Liverpool. James and Mount. Neither would be automatic starters but they’d definitely start their fair share of games. 

No one else is even close. 

You can argue this all day, but James and Chilwell are similar to TAA and Robertson.

Rudiger and Silva are as good as any of VVD's partners, and Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante (when fit!) are all comparable to their midfielders. 

Where they are massively ahead is that Mane and Salah give you 50 goals between 2 players.