Droy was my hero

Your Favourite Tv Shows/sitcoms?

On 4/26/2021 at 0:20 PM, JaneB said:

My tastes probably aren't yours but I loved Call My Agent and The Kominsky Method on Netflix.  Both had me howling with laughter especially the latter. 

So I tried Call my agent and it took a couple of episodes and now I love it.  I think what threw me was I expected them to be all cut throat and nasty.   But in fact underneath they are all nice people with no exceptions - at least amongst agents, staff and clients.

JaneB   
22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So I tried Call my agent and it took a couple of episodes and now I love it.  I think what threw me was I expected them to be all cut throat and nasty.   But in fact underneath they are all nice people with no exceptions - at least amongst agents, staff and clients.

My favourite is Jean Gabin!!

chara   

Up to Episode 4 of LoD.....watching "Whistable Pearl".....interest to me as a little'un we had our holidays at Seasalter before the East Coast Floods washed the beach huts away...no electricity..fresh cockles and fish from lines set out every day and following the tide out to collect fish..very fond kiddy memories!

"The Brokewood Mysteries" from New Zealand...very much "Midsomer Murders' territory and a mild way to spend the evening...Mrs C enjoys them all in an understated way so we squeeze them in...usually the most reasonable of companions she has become somewhat "tetchy" of late..I quote "Do we have to watch that bloody game every night?"

I'm sure she is joshing but just in case we watch the above to wind the evening down.

Anyone help me here?.....is this normal behavour from her?...anyone else have such a strange experience?

Ruudboy   

I’m afraid it is far from unusual, Chara: Mrs R has insisted on watching a strange game of late, two chaps whacking a small ball at each other.m, with goal and no offside rule. It goes on forever, and the scoring is bizarre - love, 15, 30, 40, deuce, vantage .. she needs a little fresh air - I find an afternoon at the Stamford Bridge holiday camp most efficacious …

chara   
7 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

I’m afraid it is far from unusual, Chara: Mrs R has insisted on watching a strange game of late, two chaps whacking a small ball at each other.m, with goal and no offside rule. It goes on forever, and the scoring is bizarre - love, 15, 30, 40, deuce, vantage .. she needs a little fresh air - I find an afternoon at the Stamford Bridge holiday camp most efficacious …

Yes very strange....I thought it might just be a delayed reaction to the lockdown but the strange "game" you mention seems to be an obsession with my sister in Scotland who is forever going on about some Handy Murray or such,,,but I don;t see him in the Scotland Euro squad.?

She, my sister that is, was at school with Mrs C and I know they communicate most days ..could it be something to do with a breakdown of that female generations grip?

All a great mystery.....

Playing catch up, of course! So, to start with shows from the 50's/60's (most of which I actually watched during the 60's/70's.

The Twilight Zone (Rod Serling)

The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis (Dwayne Hickman/Bob Denver)

The Fugitive (David Janssen)

Get Smart (Don Adams)

The Honeymooners (Jackie Gleason/Art Carney)

Green Acres (Eddie Albert/Eva Gabor)

Leave It To Beaver (Jerry Mathis)

Star Trek (William Shatner, etc)

Have Gun Will Travel (Richard Boone)

Wanted Dead Or Alive (Steve McQueen)

The Untouchables (Robert Stack)

M Squad (Lee Marvin)

Combat (Vic Morrow)

Many others of course, but these will do for a start!

On 6/10/2021 at 10:23 PM, JaneB said:

My favourite is Jean Gabin!!

Call my Agent Series 2 done and my favourite so far is Aymeline Valade  playing herself.
Which is pretty much what she has to do in a certain scene.

Ham   

What's everyone's thoughts on best sitcom ever?

For me it's between Seinfeld, The Office, Extras, Silicon Valley and King of Queens. 

chara   
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

For me it's between Seinfeld, The Office, Extras, Silicon Valley and King of Queens. 

Not sure what you are doing here at this hour Ham but I agree with your first three and #5but don't know the other one......

I always enjoyed the "Lampard v Gerrard" sitcom..over here it was "Slippy and the King"

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Gavin and Stacey closely followed by Fawlty Towers, and then a long long gap.