Droy was my hero

Your Favourite Tv Shows/sitcoms?

11 hours ago, Ham said:

What's everyone's thoughts on best sitcom ever?

For me it's between Seinfeld, The Office, Extras, Silicon Valley and King of Queens. 

Seinfeld for me , in recent times "The Detectorists" that was perfect .

chara   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Now you are talking Mark!....the only series we have gone back to and binged watched, Even better second time around.

Watched a lot of Seinfeld repeats over here but not as a regular thing..still very enjoyable...I have a box set of the series somewhere...and George has appeared in "Young Sheldon"; a sequel to "The Big Bang Theory"..or prequel really....started out as the story of "Young S" but has shifted into a delightful emphasis on the family..Mrs C loves his twin sister Missy...a quietly enjoyable show but need to know the later story.

Meanwhile we will be watching last episode of "Bloodland" tonight...after the Final replay of course..she's still tetchy!

Ham   
8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'll give it a look 👍

bert19   
On 6/13/2021 at 1:39 AM, Ham said:

What's everyone's thoughts on best sitcom ever?

For me it's between Seinfeld, The Office, Extras, Silicon Valley and King of Queens. 

I'd put Phoenix Nights, Early Doors, Cheers and Only Fools and Horses high up my list.  I enjoyed White Gold and have recently discovered 'Man Down', which is nuts, but quite funny.  

Bottom is my favourite - mainly because I just love Rik Mayall being anarchic.  

In terms of TV Shows (rather than comedies): 

The Wire 

The Sopranos 

Justified 

The Mandalorian 

If Loki can keep up the level of its first episode last week, it's going to be a massive hit for Marvel/Disney

Anyone watched "Sweet Tooth" on Netflix ? I binge-watched the entire series and thought it was absolutely excellent .

Chrisb   

Blackadder, all apart from the first series which wasn’t as funny as the rest

chara   
On 6/22/2021 at 10:23 AM, Chrisb said:

Blackadder, all apart from the first series which wasn’t as funny as the rest

Been a while since I watched it but I thought the second series was the weakest...still good.

Time.     Sean Bean as the weak ex-Teacher sent to prison and Stephen Graham (undercover cop gone rogue in LoD5) as the prison officer.  Written by Jimmy McGovern.

Just excellent.  But warning - don't' binge watch.  This is heavy duty stuff, very hard core emotions.  You need a 3 or 4 day break between episodes - in fact I probably wanted a 2 day break mid-episodes.  

On iplayer for another 11 months.  Take it slowly.

Otherwise Fargo (4th TV series).  I loved the first 3, watched 1 episode of this series - not sure.  Can anyone reassure me it gets better?

Rob B   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Time.     Sean Bean as the weak ex-Teacher sent to prison and Stephen Graham (undercover cop gone rogue in LoD5) as the prison officer.  Written by Jimmy McGovern.

Just excellent.  But warning - don't' binge watch.  This is heavy duty stuff, very hard core emotions.  You need a 3 or 4 day break between episodes - in fact I probably wanted a 2 day break mid-episodes.  

Agreed,  loved it.

I thought Bean and Graham were absolutely superb.