Droy was my hero

Your Favourite Tv Shows/sitcoms?

JaneB   
10 hours ago, chara said:

MT for comment...but anyone who cares to comment as well...

Mrs C and I have been binging and enjoying on some Aussie/NZ series..the excellent..for me.."One Lane Bridge" "The Gulf"..and from Aussie land..."Mystery Road" and "Jack Irish"....both with initially a bit of "I wonder... lets give it a go"....in both cases we watched the TV series before the "movies"..not a hinderance in both cases but best to go the movie first route...

Loved Aaron Pederson (sic)...and although Mrs C was less enthused I loved his wife in "Mystery Road"..a real woman not a cardboard cut out!...any thoughts MT?..or recommendations?

I loved Mystery Road and Aaron Pederson!!!  

Liked watching Judy Davis and Colin Friels in some of the earlier episodes too.

PS.  Don't know if anyone has mentioned Spiral in this thread but that was epic.  I'm also obsessed with Scandi murder mysteries.

Ham   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I loved Mystery Road and Aaron Pederson!!!  

Liked watching Judy Davis and Colin Friels in some of the earlier episodes too.

PS.  Don't know if anyone has mentioned Spiral in this thread but that was epic.  I'm also obsessed with Scandi murder mysteries.

Check out "Blinded - Those who kill" on the BBC.  Just finished it. Awesome. 

• Thanks 1

chara   

OK..I see another "Sound Of Music" divide arising......."Only Fools And Horses" as stirred initially by Bob and Droy...

An ambiguous take by me....I somewhat "dislike" David Jason and do not watch willingly the "Frost" stuff...again like SoM Mrs C and I disagree...hmm...

But..although I do not feel the same "affection" for OFAH as some other series I do find it absolutely hilarious whilst only "liking" half the cast..if that...the Batman sequence is beyond brilliant,,for me,,, and the "gems" are just that... Gems.

So..I find myself loving a series whilst disliking at some level the concept........I think...whew!!!

Edited by chara

13 minutes ago, chara said:

I somewhat "dislike" David Jason and do not watch willingly the "Frost" stuff..

hate David Jason, love the rest of the cast (except the original grandad in the first series).  Rodney Trotter is brilliant throughout - even if he is called Dave.
Nelson Mandela House makes me laugh every time I hear the name - a character in itself.

Used to know a guy who set up a trading firm on LIFFE called Hills Independent Traders.
I'm sure the name was a deliberate copy.

Can't stand David Jason, either. He has a tendency to ruin anything he's in by over-acting... and yet some people think he's a "national treasure" 😳

chara   
42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

hate David Jason, love the rest of the cast (except the original grandad in the first series).  Rodney Trotter is brilliant throughout - even if he is called Dave.
Nelson Mandela House makes me laugh every time I hear the name - a character in itself.

Used to know a guy who set up a trading firm on LIFFE called Hills Independent Traders.
I'm sure the name was a deliberate copy.

Spot on Droy....and I'm with you on the original grandad as well!....never warmed to Boysie..or Mike.or the Copper...Trigger and Rodney the bedrock of characters...loved Raquel and Cassandra.

and...... the "Damien" v Rodney sub plot brilliant......maybe portraying DelBoy as a less than  sympathetic character is the touch of genius in the series ?

Bob..you posted as I typed.......a National Treasure..surely you are confusing him with J. Grealish Esq?

Hmm...a real question ...who do we all consider a National Treasure ?

Edited by chara

Ham   

Quel fromage.  What am I reading?

Au contraire. He's brilliant. 

chara   
30 minutes ago, Ham said:

Quel fromage.  What am I reading?

Au contraire. He's brilliant. 

But an unsympathetic character..... Now Rodney we all sympathise with......and great writing. Bon la plume de ma Tante indeed.

Sciatika   

Not a big fan of David Jason. Open All Hours was saved by Ronnie Barker. Jason's character should have been taken by someone much younger, like Richard Beckinsale. Frost started OK, but like so many things should have stopped much sooner. The whole affair with the nurse was OK to start with and then descended into bathos. Put me off him, to be honest. I never watched OFAH, Darling Buds of May(?), etc.

Ham   
15 hours ago, chara said:

But an unsympathetic character..... Now Rodney we all sympathise with......and great writing. Bon la plume de ma Tante indeed.

I have to say, I've always felt that Nicholas Lyndhurst was an awful actor. He was particularly bad in Goodnight Sweetheart. I'm amazed he's had the career he has.