Droy was my hero

Your Favourite Tv Shows/sitcoms?

chara   
16 minutes ago, Ham said:

I have to say, I've always felt that Nicholas Lyndhurst was an awful actor. He was particularly bad in Goodnight Sweetheart. I'm amazed he's had the career he has.

Strangely enough always vaguely thought the same...struggled a bit with his appearance in "New Tricks"...another subject for thought!...enjoyed all the series but forever seeing two younger Terrys .........

Edited by chara

paulw66   
16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

hate David Jason, 

I am amazed that anyone would feel that strongly against DJ

Hate is a very strong word

Dont like his acting? ok

don't like the shows he has been in? Ok.

What has he done to warrant "hate"? Seems like a decent enough bloke. Hasn't appeared to have done anything all that upsetting 

chara   
13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I am amazed that anyone would feel that strongly against DJ

Hate is a very strong word

Dont like his acting? ok

don't like the shows he has been in? Ok.

What has he done to warrant "hate"? Seems like a decent enough bloke. Hasn't appeared to have done anything all that upsetting 

Hate...a word I make an effort not to use casually....mentioned elsewhere but Mrs C...always the "good" influence !....pointed out to me what an extreme word it really is and as such  should be avoided as a casual comment... not a "word police" edict from me...I literally do not want to put or take words in/out of other mouths..as each chooses..

In fairness though I believe all comments refer to "on stage" activities...how many players , on the pitch,do we as individuals dislike to one degree or another?....the reprehensible behavior off the pitch by some is instantly condemned by all..

Ham   
2 hours ago, chara said:

Strangely enough always vaguely thought the same...struggled a bit with his appearance in "New Tricks"...another subject for thought!...enjoyed all the series but forever seeing two younger Terrys .........

I'd forgotten about that.  He was awful in that too, as was Dennis (sing the theme tune) Waterman.  

JaneB   

Poor old David Jason.  Del Boy is one of my favourite comic characters of all time.

paulw66   
4 hours ago, JaneB said:

Poor old David Jason.  Del Boy is one of my favourite comic characters of all time.

Yes Jane!

• Thanks 1