exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Yearh Contract

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

What is it about CHO that makes slightly below average intelligent journalists like McNulty go stark staring crazy?
CHODS - CHO derangement syndrome.

Mcnulty is one of the BBC scouse mafia, he is probably hoping 'Jurgen' signs him

14 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yes there is ( to the bold bit). And yet, you say that his all-round play doesn't impress you a whole lot despite his speed, technical ability, and the fact that he can put the ball in the net.  I'm not sure that I understand, tbh.

Yeah, what I’m trying to say is that he has those qualities but he isn’t exactly tearing up ground or really electrifying when he is out on the pitch. 

It is probably going to grate you but we have to look at the standard of player that breaks through at a topclub and CHO has to be compared against those players - Sterling under Rodgers, Rashford at United,  Rooney before him, Fabregas at Arsenal, Mbappe at Monaco.. CHO has been solid and should be getting opportunities definitely - but he is already getting opportunities.

The question is if he really deserves more opportunities? 

25 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Yeah, what I’m trying to say is that he has those qualities but he isn’t exactly tearing up ground or really electrifying when he is out on the pitch. 

It is probably going to grate you but we have to look at the standard of player that breaks through at a topclub and CHO has to be compared against those players - Sterling under Rodgers, Rashford at United,  Rooney before him, Fabregas at Arsenal, Mbappe at Monaco.. CHO has been solid and should be getting opportunities definitely - but he is already getting opportunities.

The question is if he really deserves more opportunities? 

In my opinion Yes he does because Willian and Pedro have been inconsistent this season 

Edited by Aussie1979

9 hours ago, Ham said:

This is blatantly untrue.

I completely and utterly disagree. But out of curiosity, when would you say? From my perspective he's either started in games against weak opposition in which the whole team has done okay, or played a few minutes in games where you couldn't expect him to do much. Neither are 'standing out' material. 

He's impressing for his age, not overall. And again, this is okay, better than okay even, better than most do.

I think we're setting fairly low standards for 'standing out' if we're saying he's doing that. What's happening is that he's an exciting story so people are 'looking out' for him. 

And for clarity, I'm disagreeing that he's 'standing out' as one of the better players when he plays. I am not saying that he should be standing out, or that standing out is the threshold for getting playing time. 

• Haha 1

Sciatika   
3 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Mcnulty is one of the BBC scouse mafia, he is probably hoping 'Jurgen' signs him

I thought he had

Ham   
41 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I completely and utterly disagree. But out of curiosity, when would you say? From my perspective he's either started in games against weak opposition in which the whole team has done okay, or played a few minutes in games where you couldn't expect him to do much. Neither are 'standing out' material. 

He's impressing for his age, not overall. And again, this is okay, better than okay even, better than most do.

I think we're setting fairly low standards for 'standing out' if we're saying he's doing that. What's happening is that he's an exciting story so people are 'looking out' for him. 

And for clarity, I'm disagreeing that he's 'standing out' as one of the better players when he plays. I am not saying that he should be standing out, or that standing out is the threshold for getting playing time. 

Your initial comment was that not once had he been amongst the top 3 or 4 players on the pitch. That is untrue. 

Now you've moved the goalposts to suit. 

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Your initial comment was that not once had he been amongst the top 3 or 4 players on the pitch. That is untrue. 

Now you've moved the goalposts to suit. 

This is cheap, Ham; you know very well because you quoted the post I myself quoted that I was talking about 'standing out'. I'm happy for you to propose a different understanding of 'standing out' to mine, but I'd be interested and indeed surprised if you were willing to say that being in the top 3 or 4 players on the pitch is an unfair or unreasonable way of looking at it. How would someone 'stand out' if they weren't one of the better players on the pitch? Genuinely weird you'd question this, let alone suggest I've moved goalposts. 

If it makes life easier, I stand by both whether or not they're the same or different; he hasn't 'stood out' and he hasn't been one of the best 3 or 4 players on the pitch in any of his appearances. 

Ham   
40 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This is cheap, Ham; you know very well because you quoted the post I myself quoted that I was talking about 'standing out'. I'm happy for you to propose a different understanding of 'standing out' to mine, but I'd be interested and indeed surprised if you were willing to say that being in the top 3 or 4 players on the pitch is an unfair or unreasonable way of looking at it. How would someone 'stand out' if they weren't one of the better players on the pitch? Genuinely weird you'd question this, let alone suggest I've moved goalposts. 

If it makes life easier, I stand by both whether or not they're the same or different; he hasn't 'stood out' and he hasn't been one of the best 3 or 4 players on the pitch in any of his appearances. 

Malmo home and Kiev away for a start.  MOTM according to many.  MOTM is definitely in the top 3 or 4.

We'll we will have to agree to disagree.  I really don't care enough to argue. 

Edited by Ham

49 minutes ago, Ham said:

Malmo home and Kiev away for a start.  MOTM according to many.  MOTM is definitely in the top 3 or 4.

We'll we will have to agree to disagree.  I really don't care enough to argue. 

Disagreeing on Hudson-Odoi is fine, and happy to do so but at least play by your own rules. When you agree to disagree you don't tell someone their opinion is 'blatantly not true' or accuse them of 'moving the goalposts'. 

On a less serious note, reckon Giroud would have something to say about not being considered MotM in our Europa League games though! 

Ham   
16 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Disagreeing on Hudson-Odoi is fine, and happy to do so but at least play by your own rules. When you agree to disagree you don't tell someone their opinion is 'blatantly not true' or accuse them of 'moving the goalposts'. 

On a less serious note, reckon Giroud would have something to say about not being considered MotM in our Europa League games though! 

Again, the bolded bit below is blatantly untrue in my opinion to avoid misdirection. 

Screenshot_20190328-204701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Ham