exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Yearh Contract

Ham   
32 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I find it slightly irritating that someone who was supposedly so concerned about professional development would sign a new contract for more money at the place he deemed to be inhibiting the growth of his career. 

Not really because he's probably had assurances too, assuming any of this story is true.

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not really because he's probably had assurances too, assuming any of this story is true.

Which....it more than likely isn't ! (As per usual )

Ham   
46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Which....it more than likely isn't ! (As per usual )

50/50 chance he stays statistically so maybe they're just being their bets to get the scoop. 

Ham   

If he stays only time will tell whether he was worth the hype and the wages.

At present, some on here, myself included, are convinced that he will be. Some are not so sure.  Certainly nobody is saying he's garbage. 

There are bigger implications where this situation is concerned though for the future and reputation of the academy.

If young players see that there is no glass ceiling then what more motivation do they need?

Reece James will hopefully follow suit and be rewarded. 

• Like 1

paulw66   
8 hours ago, Ham said:

Who is this "we" you speak on behalf of?

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ask Blue Everest - but I count myself as one of them.

Can add me to that 

paulw66   
44 minutes ago, Ham said:

From what I have seen and heard, he is the youngster we should be really excited about. 

chara   
5 hours ago, Ham said:

If he stays only time will tell whether he was worth the hype and the wages.

At present, some on here, myself included, are convinced that he will be. Some are not so sure.  Certainly nobody is saying he's garbage. 

There are bigger implications where this situation is concerned though for the future and reputation of the academy.

If young players see that there is no glass ceiling then what more motivation do they need?

Top points Ham...I am not convinced but am willing to let his career unfold and prove one way or another...saying I'm not convinced only means I feel it's far too early to make a definite future Great claim...potentially of course but how many burnouts and not making it youngsters have we been given to believe are the next coming?...Josh is the word to remember..

But I want him and any youngster to prosper but wishing it don't make it!

11 minutes ago, chara said:

Josh is the word to remember..

I never saw much in Josh - I really was sceptical from the start - not least because it was clearly CA's way of covering up for an underweighted squad by claiming the kids were all good enough to play and then ignoring all but one of them.  (but I was in a very small minority on Josh)

I can see much more in CHO - certainly a much greater ability in 2019 to do a job for our first team.  But of course rapid wingers are always the ones brought through first and most frequently the ones to disappoint.

22 hours ago, Ham said:

Again, the bolded bit below is blatantly untrue in my opinion to avoid misdirection. 

Screenshot_20190328-204701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Difficult to not be haughty here, but I'd have thought it's 'blatantly untrue' that you can call something 'blatantly untrue' as a matter of opinion. Anyway... 

Wonder how long it will be do until we're doing this dance to the Reece James tune. 

Edited by thevelourfog

12 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I find it slightly irritating that someone who was supposedly so concerned about professional development would sign a new contract for more money at the place he deemed to be inhibiting the growth of his career. 

Tbf to Hudson-Odoi, he's literally never said anything in public to suggest he's not very professional and committed. Also no confirmation he's actually signed anything. No real grounds to be especially wound up at him right now.