Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

Well here's an article from The Independent this morning to add to the speculation:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea/frank-Lampard-next-manager-b1782189.html

And here's another of somewhat more speculative nature I'd say. Mind you, it is en Francais:

https://le10sport.com/football/i-am-spamming-please-ban-me/exclu-i-am-spamming-please-ban-me-chelsea-pense-a-andrei-Shevchenko-531908?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

bert19   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Maybe confidence? When you're not scoring, you tend to pass the buck. 

Mount's got a terrific shot on him and even he seems to have stopped shooting from 20-25 yards.  CHO similar - he looks threatening, but seems to have been told to try to get crosses in by going outside his man as well.  The way we're playing, it seems to have eliminated the chance to take shots when the opportunity presents itself

Just now, bert19 said:

Mount's got a terrific shot on him and even he seems to have stopped shooting from 20-25 yards.  CHO similar - he looks threatening, but seems to have been told to try to get crosses in by going outside his man as well.  The way we're playing, it seems to have eliminated the chance to take shots when the opportunity presents itself

I expect that it's due to the fact that if they manage to block the shot , they'll be bearing down on our goal within a nano-second as they find no resistance in the midfield.

Smart management. 

bert19   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect that it's due to the fact that if they manage to block the shot , they'll be bearing down on our goal within a nano-second as they find no resistance in the midfield.

Smart management. 

Yeh, our midfield balance does seem to have disappeared in a Lord Lucan sort of manner.  Another reason to change up from the 4-3-3.  Surely we should try a 4-2-3-1 or midfield diamond? Anything that makes it more difficult to play through us.

Bison   
6 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Poor mans touchel, who is a poor mans king of the dippers

And Lampard is a poor mans version of who? Sarri?

18 minutes ago, Bison said:

And Lampard is a poor mans version of who? Sarri?

I would never compare anyone to the buffoon sarri

18 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I would never compare anyone to the buffoon sarri

Sarri was a gentleman, and always sincere when he spoke to the media.
I don't think we have had anyone who compares at Sarri since Ranieri.

He has also consistently got teams to play better than the sum of the parts over many years.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bert19 said:

In all of our December games we managed to get the ball in decent shooting positions on the edge of the box but there is not enough initiative. Think of the Gundoğan goal we conceded, we've had the ball in positions like that throughout this bad run but not the imagination to make that bit of space to escape a block and test the keepers. I quite liked the technique of the goal to be honest, it was reminiscent of 2 of my favourites Drogba against Liverpool and Barcelona. Back to goal, neat quick turn to make space, shoot. Instead of the current blatant telegraphing that makes it easy to block. 

It seems we are going through that classic Arsenal syndrome of wanting to walk it in. Frank of all people could surely teach them all the virtues of long distance shots. The mentality at the moment is we need to walk on eggshells for the perfect build up play, none of that raw Drogba or Costa energy to just get it in the goal. 

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Smart management. 

That's true, might explain the aforementioned walking on eggshells with our build up play. Probably also explains why we don't transition quickly when we recover possession and prefer to allow the opposition to reposition when we find ourselves in the same kind of situation. 

• Like 1

Jasonb   
32 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

In all of our December games we managed to get the ball in decent shooting positions on the edge of the box but there is not enough initiative. Think of the Gundoğan goal we conceded, we've had the ball in positions like that throughout this bad run but not the imagination to make that bit of space to escape a block and test the keepers. I quite liked the technique of the goal to be honest, it was reminiscent of 2 of my favourites Drogba against Liverpool and Barcelona. Back to goal, neat quick turn to make space, shoot. Instead of the current blatant telegraphing that makes it easy to block. 

I liked that Gundogan goal too, moved the ball quickly and turned and shot crisply, thinking it has been a while since we had a striker that could do that. To be fair Hazard or Costa probably could.

For me we do have the odd shot taker like Mount that is getting closed down most of the time. 

We do have Kante and Kovacic who shoot poorly and neither Pulisic or Werner are actually shooting well just now.