Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Point one is rubbish , Wolves have loads of money , excellent prospects , great support , there's no way he comes to us .

Wolves will be lucky to qualify for the EL consistently for the next 5 years. They only got 3 more points than Burnley did when finishing 7th the year before.

You've accused others of 'pooh poohing'the idea of Frank with no alternatives, and are now making up ludicrous reasons to rule out any of the names put forward.

Nuno wouldn't want the job. Course

1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

That is fantasy stuff. Every manager knows where each club belongs. Even the owners know the limit for Wolves. Of course it's good for the spirits of Wolves fans to talk about limitless pot of money. But the reality couldnt be different. The idea of turning Wolves into a Champions League club sounds like a bad joke, I'm sorry. A brief Champions League group stage stint is  not what a top manager dreams of.

Why?

All of this rubbish that you spout could have been said about us when Roman took over the club. Furthermore, Wolves have a much longer history of success than us and, consequently, a very loyal fanbase who never deserted the club over decades of under achievement.

Furthermore, Nuno's not all that he's cracked up to be by the uninitiated like yourself. And the hardcore of real Wolves fans understand and recognise this.

Dale86   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yeah.  Isn't it strange that he hasn't gone anywhere yet.

There is something odd about it, isn't there?

Not sure if you've opined already, and apologies if I've missed it but, who are you fancying to be our next manager?

Edited by Dale86
Unnecessary quoting + adding a question

Dale86   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

First paragraph, absolutely.

Second paragraph, please god no. 

Who would be your second choice Ham? Assuming SFL is your first, of course.

kev61   

I see no downside on Lampard being our next manager - he might well fail so what! he will follow in a long line that have failed as manager but I have a feeling he will not fail enough for Roman to get rid.

Ham   
22 minutes ago, Dale86 said:

Who would be your second choice Ham? Assuming SFL is your first, of course.

Ideally, Ten Hag at Ajax but that's Dreamland. 

I like Super NES at Wolves but wonder whether he can do anything other than counter attack. He certainly gets the absolute best out of a player. 

36 minutes ago, Dale86 said:

There is something odd about it, isn't there?

Not sure if you've opined already, and apologies if I've missed it but, who are you fancying to be our next manager?

Last time I looked the bookies had SFL at 14/1 odds on.
As far as I am concerned that kills all conversation on the who question?
All that is left is to say if it is a good or bad decision.  Bad for me, and sad unless it works out very well.

Do you think JM might come in as Director of Football or some elderly adviser for SFL?

(No me neither, but it would upset quite a few).

Blue Rod   
38 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Why?

All of this rubbish that you spout could have been said about us when Roman took over the club. Furthermore, Wolves have a much longer history of success than us and, consequently, a very loyal fanbase who never deserted the club over decades of under achievement.

Furthermore, Nuno's not all that he's cracked up to be by the uninitiated like yourself. And the hardcore of real Wolves fans understand and recognise this.

I am.not spouting rubbish. And stop making yourself sound unnecessarily silly. I am making a point that Wolves will not become a Champions League club anytime soon,  no matter how much money you throw at them. There are so many other factors than money. 

You can't really compare the position of Wolves to that of Chelsea pre RA. Whatever Wolves achieved in the past is irrelevant. England is full of clubs with impressive pasts who know their places in today's football. 

You are entitled to your opinion about Nuno as a manager. But you're saying Nuno is not all he's cracked up to be by the uninitiated like me, whatever that means,  and yet he's the man to take them to the Champions League.  And so he's going nowhere.  That sounds to me like a contradiction. 

kev61   

The thing about Lampard is he has entered into the circuit of successful managsrs - he was a success at,Derby and if we finish in top four next year he will get us all excited