exiledblue

Tammy Abraham

Good on him, I think he will learn a lot in Italy that he wouldnt in England on and off the pitch hope he does well. 

O note that he drifts a lot into wide positions, something we wouldnt want him to do so much as we very much want the strong central front man to hold it up and lay it off. Will be interesting to watch his progress there

Top 5 goal scorers in Serie A (minus penalties)

1. Immobile 14

2. Vlahovic 12

3. Simeone 12

4. Abraham 10

5. Dzeko 9

chelboy   

I hope people can appreciate Tammy goal scoring ratio per minute that he had for us. Maybe some can see that it isn’t that easy to score goals in this team. I’m still a huge fan of his, just a shame TT didn’t fancy him. I never liked the idea of both Tammy and Giroud leaving. Just too many goals being taken away from a low scoring team. Both players had limitations but at least they could actually score goals. Now we just have limited forwards who can’t score goals. 

On 2022-02-06 at 10:10 AM, chelboy said:

I hope people can appreciate Tammy goal scoring ratio per minute that he had for us. Maybe some can see that it isn’t that easy to score goals in this team. I’m still a huge fan of his, just a shame TT didn’t fancy him. I never liked the idea of both Tammy and Giroud leaving. Just too many goals being taken away from a low scoring team. Both players had limitations but at least they could actually score goals. Now we just have limited forwards who can’t score goals. 

We will buy back Tammy for twice what we sold him. I'm almost sure of it. 

paulw66   
On 06/02/2022 at 9:10 AM, chelboy said:

Read this thread and that question is answered. I defended his goal per minute contribution here a few times, and was consistently told he wasn't very good.

That said, I don't believe he was good enough to be a number 1 striker in a team with our ambitions / objectives*

I have no issue with the club selling him. TT didn't fancy him, and didn't pick him / wasn't going to pick him going forward; so on that basis, why keep him? One may or may not agree whether he should have been playing, but if he isn't, there is no point having him here.

* the fact our other alternatives, including Lukaku haven't delivered, is neither here nor there. That doesn't make Tammy a better player. 

We just brought back an ex Chelsea player who was doing great in Italy when he hadn't in England and hasnt on his return. Lets not make the mistake again.

14 hours ago, exiledblue said:

We just brought back an ex Chelsea player who was doing great in Italy when he hadn't in England and hasnt on his return. Lets not make the mistake again.

agree, watching Milan play Lazio yesterday I saw Giroud score two goals by making the same well times run into the box. Tammy did not do this at Chelsea and at the moment neither does lukaku. However how often is that early cross from the byline played by our wide men?

I'd have thought Lukaku banging them in for a Serie A team and then looking a complete donkey for Chelsea would in itself very persuasively make the argument for not enviously eyeing up another former Chelsea striker doing the same ...