Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

43 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Looks a bit fast to me, but what a relief - that vaccine had better work!

It is exceedingly slow.  the nature of Covid (or flu) is rapid growth of infections followed by equally rapid decline - as we saw a year ago.
This is a) an attempt to appear wise and cautious, and b) pass the credit to the vaccine program (which the government has done well in) despite it being irrelevant to this decline.
The real questions are;  what happens in September/October for the next covid season, and will anyone want to turn up for the new football season.

12 hours ago, JaneB said:

39626766-9287333-image-a-5_1614009292658.jpg

The last one is a bit funny. There can be 1000 spectators at an j foot sports event and 4 000 outdoors but weddings may still not be allowed? 😂

chara   

2nd JAB for me (and Mrs C) this Saturday (6th).....no reaction after first jab of any note for but Mrs C had a couple of days of mild/moderate pain on jab area.

Not sure crowd gatherings are a good idea until next year and time to assess long term protection.

chara   

Pride and smugness come before a fall!!!

OK......second jab....smugly told "jabber" no reaction on first occasion.."This one may be different" says she...smug inner smile....

Day of misery yesterday with chills and head like a badly gouged pumpkin..Mrs C same except no chills.......eased off by bedtime and this morning apart from some lightheadiness...no eating all day yesterday the cause I suspect... back to sort of normal...at least still have reacting immune system!

On to Everton.....started to watch Manchester derby yesterday but had to switch off!......on a last note...for Jane if she reads this...my senior dog Jessi didn't leave my side all day so I must have been bad!

Ham   
25 minutes ago, chara said:

OK......second jab....smugly told "jabber" no reaction on first occasion.."This one may be different" says she...smug inner smile....

Day of misery yesterday with chills and head like a badly gouged pumpkin..Mrs C same except no chills.......eased off by bedtime and this morning apart from some lightheadiness...no eating all day yesterday the cause I suspect... back to sort of normal...at least still have reacting immune system!

On to Everton.....started to watch Manchester derby yesterday but had to switch off!......on a last note...for Jane if she reads this...my senior dog Jessi didn't leave my side all day so I must have been bad!

Glad you've gotten it out of the way. You must be the first on here to get both. 

chara   
8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Glad you've gotten it out of the way. You must be the first on here to get both. 

Thanks Ham......the overall "covid"organisation in my County here is pretty good.(500+ cases 5 deaths)....at local High School......about 12 miles away.....left home at 8-30 am ..walked back in at 9-30....would have been quicker but traffic a bit slow...just a big semi on one lane everyone crawling...and 5 minute wait after jab....fwiw ..the moderna version......best advice?...be prepared for short term "discomfort" but far outweighed by the protection imo.

JaneB   
4 hours ago, chara said:

Hope you're ok now.  Jessi, what a treasure.

Sciatika   

I have my first jab next week and then wait until June for the second. I am one of those lucky people who is very rarely ill. When I was a kid I caught everything going including Mao Flu in the late 60s - probably cause and effect. But if I am ill, I don't have a Jessi. :-(

Ruudboy   

Had mine last Friday - Astra Zeneca, no choice - arm felt like it had been thumped, but apart from that I just felt exhausted for a couple of days. Good opportunity to sit in front of the telly watching football. Mrs BM tuned a blind eye to the obvious playing for sympathy. Apparently, AZ second shot is a doddle. We will see. Now, what will be on the telly in 3 months ... ? Ah ... the Euros .... good planning, that .... 

chara   
6 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I have my first jab next week and then wait until June for the second. I am one of those lucky people who is very rarely ill. When I was a kid I caught everything going including Mao Flu in the late 60s - probably cause and effect. But if I am ill, I don't have a Jessi. :-(

Wish you well of course..... first was a doddle and talking to my crazy Dutch neighbour yesterday seems he had no reaction to both jabs...but he is crazy so who knows...

Ah Jessi...from brat pup to comforting nurse..... life blessings come in many forms as I'm sure you are aware..... mentioned it before but a few years back had bad hospital time...quote.. "We nearly lost you".... straight to bed when I finally got discharged.... Jessi..younger of course...straight up on bed and didn't move for three hours or so..and on the bed a known no no...my late sorely missed Pedro...by the bed the same...cat on bedside table...funny creatures...no side......