Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Kante

Favourite Chelsea Matches

Here is my effort for today. This one is probably up with everyone but it holds extra special significance for me as I was able to attend the game. This is probably the only time in my life a win has brought me close to tears. 

https://youtu.be/oBM_kAgDUFs

Drogba absolutely runs them ragged , doesn't score but everything but , Lamps does the badge kiss to shut "them" up . Great roof of the net goal from Geremi . 

lovely .

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

https://youtu.be/oBM_kAgDUFs

Drogba absolutely runs them ragged , doesn't score but everything but , Lamps does the badge kiss to shut "them" up . Great roof of the net goal from Geremi . 

lovely .

Wonderful back heel flick to beat Hyppia by Drogs for the 2nd.  His tricks were always unconventional, and he might fall over if they didn't work, but there was a lot of intelligence in them.

This is fabulous entertainment:

Well worth watching for the red card John Spencer didn't get (around 3m50s) and the blatant pen Spuds weren't given (7m15s)!!

On 04/04/2020 at 5:24 PM, King Kante said:

Here is my effort for today. I was around 11 when this game happened and it is always special to me as it was the first time I felt we could win something and how much I enjoyed us beating the Dippers.

BBC iPlayer recently had the whole live match exactly as BBC showed it at the time, including pre-match talk etc. I only watched up to about 30 minutes in, and now it's not available any longer :( Was going to try to download a hard copy before they took it down. Does anybody have a link to a download of it? 

My Dad was at the game, I myself was only 5 at the time so not quite into football yet. But looking at the crowd, so so much more lively than it is these days, a larger proportion of younger faces and locals. Wish it could be like that at the ground nowadays. 

4-0 League victory against Spurs at the Bridge in 2002, which came 3 days after beating them 4-0 at WHL in the FA Cup. A Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink Perfect Hatrick. Against Spurs. It's the stuff of childhood daydreams and it actually happened. 

Perfect revenge for the 5-1 defeat we suffered to them a few months earlier in the League Cup Semi Final. 

bert19   

Hard to beat Chelsea vs Barcelona in 2005 for me.  Incredible game of football. 

Absolute rollercoaster of emotions and the euphoria when JT scored that winner and then again at the final whistle.  

We also had this against Bayern Munich a few weeks later.  I was lucky enough to be at the game and saw Lampard's absolutely superb second goal live.

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Today's effort. 

Nice one.  Some of the usual and the unusual.  A great game by De Goey, a pen given away by Duberrry, and one scored by Le Boeuf we are familiar with, even a straight red to Le Sox is no surprise.  But appearances in Blue by Casighari and Laudrup are rare, and 2 goals by Sutton in any shirt is not something Chelsea fans will have seen often.

Time to celebrate Arsene Wenger's 1,000th game as Arsenal manager.  What I'd call a proper 6 goal thriller.  Salah announces himself to the prem too.