Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Kante

Favourite Chelsea Matches

paulw66   
On 04/04/2020 at 7:46 AM, Sciatika said:

I have a soft spot for the 2006 Chelsea-West Ham game that ended up 4-1. We started badly conceding a near-post header by James Collins and Maniche was (rightly) sent off for going over the top on Scaloni. Goals from Drogba and Crespo in the first half and Terry and Gallas in the second. The following week (I think) was the game we beat Man United at home 3-0 with goals from Gallas, Cole and Carvalho to clinch the title.

Got very drunk that day. 

We'd dropped points the week before (Fulham away I think), and suddently another defeat with United still to play would have left the door really open to United. 

Certain players (Drogba and Essien spring to mind) played like 2 players that day. that side was phenomenal. stuffing WH (who were a decent side back then) with 10 players was a real statement. 

Going for the 3-0 home win against Utd today. I think this game is probably peak Chelsea as I do not think we have ever reached such domination since. 

chara   

Many thanks to all who have posted games here..I was "away" from 87-99 , not "inside" away!.And very few opportunities to see games mostly thanks to The BBC World Service I caught a lot of games and all results.

Even when I got  to Colorado the coverage was nowhere as comprehensive as now although one early game was the trouncing of Manure and Jody's "trombone" celebration.

Particularly enjoyed the Spuds game with John Spencer who played here in Denver for a while..nearly tempted me down to a game but MLS really doesn't interest me and the Arse connection at the Rapids will forever keep me away!

paulw66   
15 hours ago, King Kante said:

Going for the 3-0 home win against Utd today. I think this game is probably peak Chelsea as I do not think we have ever reached such domination since. 

Same month as the West Ham game......... that Joe Cole goal is one of the most underrated in PL history. Making an absolute mug of one of the best PL defenders of all time. 

Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool, CL 2008

Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea, CL 2009

Chelsea 4-2 BArcelona, CL 2005

Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea, CL 2012

Bayern Munich 1-1 Chelsea, CL 2012

Liverpool 1-4 Chelsea, PL 2005

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool, PL 2006

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea, CL 2004

Valencia 1-2 Chelsea, CL 2007

Chelsea 5-0 Manchester United, PL 1999

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool, FA Cup 2012

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal, LC 2007

Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool, LC 2005

Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal, EL 2019

Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United, FA Cup 2007

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan, PL 2010

Chelsea 3-0 Manhcester United, PL 2006

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Same month as the West Ham game......... that Joe Cole goal is one of the most underrated in PL history. Making an absolute mug of one of the best PL defenders of all time. 

I still think Ferdinand just walks away from where he is supposed to be - even Joe Cole looks surprised he isn't there  (at about 72 mins of play).  Nice finish, nice goal, but stupid defender mostly.

Not watched it all, but clearly Joe was on a roll that game.  His set up for the Carvalho goal (started by Carvalho) is really good.  That was the goal of the game IMO.

16 hours ago, King Kante said:

In those days we all felt we could play Man U or anyone 3 times a week and beat them every time.  I can see why other fans hated us.

31 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I still think Ferdinand just walks away from where he is supposed to be - even Joe Cole looks surprised he isn't there  (at about 72 mins of play).  Nice finish, nice goal, but stupid defender mostly.

Not watched it all, but clearly Joe was on a roll that game.  His set up for the Carvalho goal (started by Carvalho) is really good.  That was the goal of the game IMO.

In those days we all felt we could play Man U or anyone 3 times a week and beat them every time.  I can see why other fans hated us.

That Chelsea team from 2005 to 2007 was surely the best PL side ever assembled. Can't believe we didn't win the European Cup in 2005 and 2007.

3 hours ago, CostaTheBlue said:

Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool, CL 2008

Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea, CL 2009

Chelsea 4-2 BArcelona, CL 2005

Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea, CL 2012

Bayern Munich 1-1 Chelsea, CL 2012

Liverpool 1-4 Chelsea, PL 2005

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool, PL 2006

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea, CL 2004

Valencia 1-2 Chelsea, CL 2007

Chelsea 5-0 Manchester United, PL 1999

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool, FA Cup 2012

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal, LC 2007

Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool, LC 2005

Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal, EL 2019

Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United, FA Cup 2007

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan, PL 2010

Chelsea 3-0 Manhcester United, PL 2006

Hell of a list, I can distinctly remember each game on this list except for the 2-0 home win over Liverpool in 2006. Which season was that and who were the goalscorers? 

I remember Drogba scoring a back to goal screamer in a 1-0 win in 2006, but that might have been the season after your one. 

3 hours ago, CostaTheBlue said:

That Chelsea team from 2005 to 2007 was surely the best PL side ever assembled. Can't believe we didn't win the European Cup in 2005 and 2007.

Perfection in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Totally agree. That 3rd goal was a bit of an overlooked masterpiece.