Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Kante

Favourite Chelsea Matches

4 hours ago, CostaTheBlue said:

Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool, CL 2008

Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea, CL 2009

Chelsea 4-2 BArcelona, CL 2005

Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea, CL 2012

Bayern Munich 1-1 Chelsea, CL 2012

Liverpool 1-4 Chelsea, PL 2005

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool, PL 2006

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea, CL 2004

Valencia 1-2 Chelsea, CL 2007

Chelsea 5-0 Manchester United, PL 1999

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool, FA Cup 2012

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal, LC 2007

Chelsea 3-2 Liverpool, LC 2005

Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal, EL 2019

Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United, FA Cup 2007

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan, PL 2010

Chelsea 3-0 Manhcester United, PL 2006

Great list, but the FA Cup final win over ManU in 2007 was a dire 117 mins. Brilliant winner, though.

One game I'd add would be the League Cup second leg v Arsenal in '98 - Vialli's first game in charge.

38 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

Favourite Chelsea defeat (if such a thing is even possible).

The return game was far better, Tromso got really cocky after the first leg and we demolished them at the Bridge.  My personal favourite was 2012 against Bracelona at the Nou Camp, mind you, I was s***ting bricks watching it.  When Torres scored that crucial goal, I jumped up in the air so high that my hit hit the ceiling!  Also loved shoving it up the arrogant Barcas in 2005, when their players were shouting their mouths off that they were going to destroy us.

chara   

Ah the Barca game...I was working and could only follow the match through a fellow Chelsea lad who worked in the back area and couldn't be found at will.

Was in agony trying to find him for final score but did eventually....because it was "over" for him he was a bit ho hum.."Yeah Torres scored."..that in itself a source of amazement...

3 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

Favourite Chelsea defeat (if such a thing is even possible).

I had this one on my list. Definitely the best ever loss just for the novelty factor. 

I will always love this game as I got to go and before the game the Dippers were signing 'we're going to win the league'. Honestly, if you had been there you would've thought that they needed 1 point from 4 games or something. As soon as the slip happened the shock on their faces was hilarious. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I will always love this game as I got to go and before the game the Dippers were signing 'we're going to win the league'. Honestly, if you had been there you would've thought that they needed 1 point from 4 games or something. As soon as the slip happened the shock on their faces was hilarious. 

Good choice

image.png.0b19489f1f3af1e3d37caab77afcb777.png

That is a very strong Liverpool side, and a very weakened Chelsea side.
Schwarzer made 4 PL starts that year, 
Kalas 2, 
A Cole 15
Mikel 11, 
Salah 6
Ba 5
Schurlle 15 (who I thought was great but JM knew better)

As for those remaining on the bench: Hilario hadn't played at all for 3 years, Ake, Van Ginkel and Baker have 2 Chelsea PL starts between them.

We did the double over them but look how much stronger we were in the home game
image.png.01948e58394fb551124700c0413078c2.png
It finished City 86 pts, Liverpool 84, Chelsea 82, so those 2 wins made a huge difference.  It was a great season for us with a squad in transition.  Lampard, Cole, Cech, Torres and Luiz would be gone the next year.

49 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Good choice

image.png.0b19489f1f3af1e3d37caab77afcb777.png

That is a very strong Liverpool side, and a very weakened Chelsea side.
Schwarzer made 4 PL starts that year, 
Kalas 2, 
A Cole 15
Mikel 11, 
Salah 6
Ba 5
Schurlle 15 (who I thought was great but JM knew better)

As for those remaining on the bench: Hilario hadn't played at all for 3 years, Ake, Van Ginkel and Baker have 2 Chelsea PL starts between them.

We did the double over them but look how much stronger we were in the home game
image.png.01948e58394fb551124700c0413078c2.png
It finished City 86 pts, Liverpool 84, Chelsea 82, so those 2 wins made a huge difference.  It was a great season for us with a squad in transition.  Lampard, Cole, Cech, Torres and Luiz would be gone the next year.

It was a good season and a bit of a missed opportunity. The loss to Sunderland at home and the draw away at WBA were real killers that ultimately cost us the league as those two games we really should've won. 

14 minutes ago, King Kante said:

It was a good season and a bit of a missed opportunity. The loss to Sunderland at home and the draw away at WBA were real killers that ultimately cost us the league as those two games we really should've won. 

7 more points than 12/13 and 18 more than 11/12, it was a great season given so many were in their last proper year at the club.  It was very much, like this year was meant to be, and the two EL winning years were, a season of rebuilding.

chara   

Watched the posting earlier today...still love it....as Stevie G slipped and Ba charged down on the goal I was screaming at the screen.."GO ON MY SON!!"......crazy of course but again as Torres almost trotted towards the goal before casually as it seemed rolling the ball to Willian a "YEEEES"...and I did watch the game live...ah MAGIC..and then Palace...too much for this old heart.....