Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Kante

Favourite Chelsea Matches

19 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Hell of a list, I can distinctly remember each game on this list except for the 2-0 home win over Liverpool in 2006. Which season was that and who were the goalscorers? 

I remember Drogba scoring a back to goal screamer in a 1-0 win in 2006, but that might have been the season after your one. 

It was the 2005-06 season, when we won the league for the 2nd time in a row. Reina was sent off for punching a Chelsea player in the face (I think it was Robben).

18 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Great list, but the FA Cup final win over ManU in 2007 was a dire 117 mins. Brilliant winner, though.

One game I'd add would be the League Cup second leg v Arsenal in '98 - Vialli's first game in charge.

Chelsea won so it can't have been that bad. I remember it being the first cup final at New Wembley so it was sigificant.

18 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Perfection in my opinion. 

Yep. It's an injustice of UEFA refereeing that we didn't win at least one European Cup in that era. Probably deserved 2 or 3 in all honesty. 

After Barcelona of late 00s-early 00s and Real Madrid of the 10s, our 00s era is probably the 3rd best CL team in the 21st Century. 

Just a god damned shame we only have 1 CL to show for it. 

4 minutes ago, CostaTheBlue said:

It was the 2005-06 season, when we won the league for the 2nd time in a row. Reina was sent off for punching a Chelsea player in the face (I think it was Robben).

Reina getting sent off rings a bell. I'm going to rewatch a bunch of the Season Reviews with my Dad during this time, so I'll refresh my memory of it :) 

11 hours ago, chara said:

Watched the posting earlier today...still love it....as Stevie G slipped and Ba charged down on the goal I was screaming at the screen.."GO ON MY SON!!"......crazy of course but again as Torres almost trotted towards the goal before casually as it seemed rolling the ball to Willian a "YEEEES"...and I did watch the game live...ah MAGIC..and then Palace...too much for this old heart.....

I was at the time slightly dissapointed that Torres hadn't scored himself as the medias campaign to portray him as a busted flush (despite a season scoring 22 goals) would have taken a nice dent. Though the casual pass was almost as good...rubbing it in. Was in a pub in Amsterdam full of expectant plastic scousers...bliss

1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

I was at the time slightly dissapointed that Torres hadn't scored himself as the medias campaign to portray him as a busted flush (despite a season scoring 22 goals) would have taken a nice dent. Though the casual pass was almost as good...rubbing it in. Was in a pub in Amsterdam full of expectant plastic scousers...bliss

I do think if Willian had been at Chelsea a bit longer and knew the history, he would have left the last touch for Torres.  That would have been perfect.

chara   

Torres or Willian?...now that IS a debate.......opinions?..and maybe if enough response someone could total the score?...I would but being non tech I might slip up........

I remember frantically trying to see the angle of the pass in case there was a silly of side.....

Glad the 1-3 at Anfield in 2009 was mentioned, it felt like the night we burst the Another Special European Night at AnfieldTM bubble. They couldn't hold a candle to us after that tie for a good few seasons.

Have to throw in last year's Europa League final, just because we blew Arsenal away in the second half. Virtually all of our Cup Final wins have been reasonably close affairs, so that one (give the opposition as well) was that little bit more enjoyable.

13 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

Glad the 1-3 at Anfield in 2009 was mentioned, it felt like the night we burst the Another Special European Night at AnfieldTM bubble. They couldn't hold a candle to us after that tie for a good few seasons.

Last time I saw a pair of legs that exciting, the owner said hello to me and I still didn't recognise them.

Strangely I didn't recognise these 2 legs either - what was I doing.  Yet it includes an horrendous error by each keeper, certainly more embarrassing for Cech than anything I recall.  12 goals in 180 mins.  A staggering goal from Alex.  Ivanovic's first and 2nd goals for the club both from corners.  A beautiful cross from Malouda and a wonderful game closer by Lampard.  

Going for the Everton away game from 2014/15. I have this game in as Everton away always seems to be difficult for us, yet we got a 6-3 win. Further, this was the game Diego in my opinion really stamped his mark on the league as both a goal scorer and being able to bully defenders.