JaneB

Official: Chelsea Sign Timo Werner

Recommended Posts

Bison   

Kezman scored a 105 goals in 122 League apps for PSV. That becomes 109 goals in 145 if you include his Chelsea PL numbers. Still looks amazing, doesn't it?!

You can try and dress up Werner's impact however you want but he's a horrific forward who cannot be trusted to do the main thing we want from him which is to score. 7 goals in 43 Premier League games. He is hopeless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's coming to a point, where we should consider cutting our losses. Like seriously consider it. Any offer which comes near our expectation, we should jump on it and sell him off. 

Have nothing against timo as a person, but timo the striker is awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bison said:

You can try and dress up Werner's impact however you want but he's a horrific forward who cannot be trusted to do the main thing we want from him which is to score. 7 goals in 43 Premier League games. He is hopeless.

And yet, he seemingly had no problem putting them away in the Bundesliga (1 goal every 1.6 games, iirc). Which I assume, is why we  bought him. I don't know why they're not going in for him in the Prem, but to claim that he's hopeless is unfair imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/12/2021 at 8:04 PM, Droy was my hero said:

When I see CFCnet posters slag off top stars, I am usually confident they'll regret it.

When you slang off academy stars everyone has good old laugh on how low you will go for attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   
3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

And yet, he seemingly had no problem putting them away in the Bundesliga (1 goal every 1.6 games, iirc). Which I assume, is why we  bought him. I don't know why they're not going in for him in the Prem, but to claim that he's hopeless is unfair imo.

At the start of year (Jan 21) I saw a tweet that stuck with me ever since:

The club signed an average player who has stepped up to a significantly tougher league and has been well and truly found out. 

If anybody is seriously expecting Werner to 'figure' something out and suddenly start firing in the goals you are deluding yourself. He doesn't have any technical skills or ability which is the real issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

And yet, he seemingly had no problem putting them away in the Bundesliga (1 goal every 1.6 games, iirc). Which I assume, is why we  bought him. I don't know why they're not going in for him in the Prem, but to claim that he's hopeless is unfair imo.

Bakayoko has looked decent for Monaco, ac milan - infact almost everywhere else he has played instead of here. Does not mean, his is not a "hopeless" case. Timo is definitely trending/tending towards it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

, but to claim that he's hopeless is unfair imo.

Absolutely - this person who is alleged to be a dud, was a key component in a team which came 4th in the PL, made the FA cup final and won the CL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

When you slang off academy stars everyone has good old laugh on how low you will go for attention.

I think you have been reading the posts of those that are unable to argue for themselves and choose straw men.  I haven't slagged off young stars.  The most I have said is that some are not ready to be playing for Chelsea.  Fortunately club policy has largely changed on that and club and players have realised they are much better off proving themselves with seasons in the Championship than getting minutes with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put some figures up that were cast as irrelevant because “misses”, so I’ll re-phrase it.

Werner provides the highest rate of goals and assists per minute for us, of anyone in our squad...

Of course his misses are frustrating, but that is not the whole story.

If Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO have worse goal and assist figures than Werner, do you suggest we get rid of them too?

Edited by McCreadie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, McCreadie said:

I put some figures up that were cast as irrelevant because “misses”, so I’ll re-phrase it.

Werner provides the highest rate of goals and assists per minute for us, of anyone in our squad...

Of course his misses are frustrating, but that is not the whole story.

If Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO have worse goal and assist figures than Werner, do you suggest we get rid of them too?

Yes 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now