My Blood Is Blue

Season expectations/predictions/peculiarities 2020/21

Jasonb   

I'm holding off where we will end up until I see what we add defensively, there is a lot of talk yet nothing confirmed.

Currently we look a better attacking team yet defensively no improvements yet.

paulw66   
17 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I do agree with previous posters that it’s hard to gauge where we will end up points wise. 

Our three last seasons has ended 70pts 5th, 72pts 3rd and 66pts 4th. 

Personally I’d be delirious with an 80 points season. That should guarantee a top 3 finish. But I’d take a 75 point season and a top 4 coupled with a decent FA Cup run and at least QFs in the CL. 

75 points would represent +9

If we sign Havertz, Chilwell and Silva (and possibly not stop there) I think we need to be aiming at 80, like you say. 

6 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Not at all - regardless of the games with the alleged squad investment there should be some improvement, I would fear for Frank if the club are more than 5pts behind the leading team after 10 games.

Last season Frank exceeded all expectations and for that reason the Club is backing him with the alleged huge investment in the squad which intern raises the bar significantly. 

If City or Liverpool have won 10/10 and we have 23 / 24 points, then I don't see that as an issue. 

If we average around 2.3 points per game,  that's an 87 point season, which would be incredible. 

On 8/22/2020 at 11:33 PM, CostaTheBlue said:

Predictions

Premier League:
1. Chelsea:  106 pts
2. Man United: 78 pts
3. Man City: 76 pts
4. Liverpool: 64 pts
5. Wolves: 62pts
6. Leicester: 61 pts

FA Cup:
Chelsea - Winners

League Cup:
Chelsea - Winners

Champions League:
Chelsea - Winners

Almost forgot - Jimmy Anderson says hi (again).

• Haha 1

On 25/08/2020 at 1:35 AM, Droy was my hero said:

Almost forgot - Jimmy Anderson says hi (again).

Oh did he take a wicket? Lost interest in cricket over the last few years.

Snooker is my sport now and I find Ronnie O'Sullivan to be very overrated who only wins because the current snooker era is so weak.

Looking for 80+ points and 3rd minimum.

Given the opposition and the amount we have to claw back I think we can get an awful lot closer to Liverpool and even overtake City depending on who they sign . Second would be excellent.

85 points and CL semis (a lot of effort will go into CL, but last 8 onwards is a lottery).  No idea if Liverpool or City can beat 85 points, but I doubt anyone else can.  Nowhere one hopes in FAC and LC - bigger fish to fry.

There may be up to half a dozen walking wounded clubs where even the ability to pay wages is an issue.  Picking up points may be more of a case of just not Fxxxing up than ever.  Conte would love this season.

Liverpool away on March 20 and then CL QFs and 9 more PL games.  If we don't have 60 points then a new manager arrives in the summer, the CL will be too late to change the decision.