Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Thiago Silva

Potentially a great signing IMO; for a year or two, with his experience, I think he could be exactly what we need right now.

Is a risk he may have come to this league too late in his career, but I feel he has more than enough experience to get him through even with the pace of our league.

Finally a proper leader in the squad.

The reaction to his signing has only generated 4 posts, guess that sums up how many of us feel.

welcome, lets hope he is not here to just top up his pension as some others have been in the past. His experience may prove useful like Marcel was many years ago...or not

11 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

The reaction to his signing has only generated 4 posts, guess that sums up how many of us feel.

welcome, lets hope he is not here to just top up his pension as some others have been in the past. His experience may prove useful like Marcel was many years ago...or not

Desailly was still 29 when he arrived, 35 when he left, same age as Thiago is now.
He added more than experience and there is a good argument to say he was our best ever player.

I guess in context of other changes, Thiago is not one of the big changes. The question is whether he can handle more than 10 big games a season.

Ham   
1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

To be fair to him, there were many posts in the transfer talk thread. 

chara   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

To be fair to him, there were many posts in the transfer talk thread. 

And... it was all a bit sudden for us anyway..maybe it was another of the Chelsea trademark no talk until it's done deals....under the radar for the media with other far more "sexy" misleading options.

He's "ours" now so I wish him well and all our support....just wish he had come five years ago......

6 minutes ago, chara said:

And... it was all a bit sudden for us anyway..maybe it was another of the Chelsea trademark no talk until it's done deals....under the radar for the media with other far more "sexy" misleading options.

I think he was still playing for PSG until last weekend.  Some game being played somewhere.

A bit awkward for too many leaving stories to have come out earlier.

Edited by Droy was my hero