Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaneB

Leicester City 2 Chelsea 0

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Possession is a misleading statistic when all you’ve been doing recently is shifting the ball side to side,  back and then forward again, no more than 10 yards inside your opponents half.

The lack of passes between the lines, and quick forward passes to spring a direct attack are one of the reasons we’ve struggled to penetrate teams of late.  Mount and Hudson-Odoi are very good for it, but the likes of Kante, Chilwell, Azpi, Kovacic etc slow the game down too much. 

Man United , Leicester and Tottenham will give the ball away more, but it’s because they take risks and are more direct in their play. 

I agree to a large extent, but I think we do actually have the players to pass between the lines but our problem is that we keep getting out run/overpowered at the moment. For me, we need a really sitting midfield to do the dirty work. If we had that then we could play with a combination of: Mount/Harvetz/Kante/Kova/Billy/Ziyech in the No.6/No.8 roles and allow them to be more progressive as we would have the insurance behind them. 

As for today's game, I am actually getting quite fearful for SFL, if there is another City/Le Arse type of performance, I can see him getting the bullet. Hopefully, the boys will put in a performance. 

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

As for today's game, I am actually getting quite fearful for SFL, if there is another City/Le Arse type of performance, I can see him getting the bullet. Hopefully, the boys will put in a performance. 

You could pick any of our winning games this season, and say if we play like that against Leicester, we will lose comfortably.
I might have said Leeds, but they have fallen off a cliff since.

Diddymen   

I am fearful that their midfield will  rip us to shreds. 

For once, I would like our midfield to stick to the midfield rather than bomb forward at every opportunity. (apart from Jorginho who even sticking to the midfield players run past him)

asvaberg   

Mendy

James - Rüdiger - Zouma - Chilwell

Jorginho - Mount - Ziyech - Gilmour

CHO - Werner

Mendy

Azpi Silva Zouma Chilwell

James Kova

Ziyech Havertz Mount

Werner 

Unconventional but nothing else works so why not?

Holymoly   

It would appear that word on the street suggests a thumping tonight and Frank is gone. Similarly, continued poor performances will mean he's gone at the end of the season. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. Hopefully whatever the outcome his legacy will be the youngsters he brought through. I'd like to see him confound everyone however and use tonight to forge on and continue in post. Come on you blues!

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

We seem to struggle to score so take advantage of the set ups that do produce.

we have literally scored from more corners than anyone else 

56 minutes ago, King Kante said:

If we get well beaten tonight, I don't expect he will be in charge at the weekend. 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

It would appear that word on the street suggests a thumping tonight and Frank is gone. Similarly, continued poor performances will mean he's gone at the end of the season. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. Hopefully whatever the outcome his legacy will be the youngsters he brought through. I'd like to see him confound everyone however and use tonight to forge on and continue in post. Come on you blues!

yes, if he's damned if we lose badly and damned if we continue to perform poorly.

Exactly as it should be

Slightly surprised to learn that Leiceste haven't had a single set piece goal all PL season.  We have 8.
On the other hand they have scored 8 penalties whereas no one else, even Man U, has scored more than 5.
So...

12 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If we get well beaten tonight, I don't expect he will be in charge at the weekend. 

DMW.  Too late to do much now, even a CL win I don't think would protect him (though it would make the summer transfer a lot easier for Marina).
The best explanation for not having already made a change is the need to bring in a whole coaching team.  I don't see how one more disappointment changes things (short of a Leicester 9-0 result).