Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sportsmail can reveal that the contract Tuchel signed last week is heavily incentivised and contains clauses triggering an option for him to stay if the German keeps Chelsea in the Champions League for the next two seasons.

I'm sure it is little more than a guess, but probably a good guess.  Buying managers with bonuses rather than long contracts is the smart way to go.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
51 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I'm sorry, I thought I was the one who made a point that you responded to? 

If you want to make your own point, you're more than welcome to do so. But I don't think you should argue what point I was trying to make. 

Bit lost now TBH

If you want to believe that the board were annoyed with Lampard because Emerson played the meaningless minutes against lower league teams in the cup, or Krasnador in the CL, over Alonso, then that's your choice. Makes no sense at all, but there you go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Bit lost now TBH

If you want to believe that the board were annoyed with Lampard because Emerson played the meaningless minutes against lower league teams in the cup, or Krasnador in the CL, over Alonso, then that's your choice. Makes no sense at all, but there you go. 

Bit lost on what point was being made too, but will chip in with my opinion. The Official chelsea Instagram has posted 5 or 6 gushing posts about Marcus Alonso since the game against Burnley. Obviously they would always post the goal, no problem, but also MA kissing the badge shown numerous times. He is also the player shown on the preview post for the next game. Random post about players in the gym, MA front and centre on a bike on the first slide. 

It is close to 50% of the posts since that game all promoting and celebrating a player who fell out with the previous manager in a big way. To me it seems that some point is being made and it stood out to me as a bit classless as Ghost said. 

Realistically the social media guy probably has no links to the board and doesn't get instructions from them with regard to individual posts, so probably doesn't run as deep as being a message from the board about Emerson playing. But it still didn't really sit right with me, and seemed like almost a pro Alonso campaign, which in turn seemed a bit of an up yours to Frank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sportsmail can reveal that the contract Tuchel signed last week is heavily incentivised and contains clauses triggering an option for him to stay if the German keeps Chelsea in the Champions League for the next two seasons.

I'm sure it is little more than a guess, but probably a good guess.  Buying managers with bonuses rather than long contracts is the smart way to go.
 

I guess most managers taking a job would want reassurances they would get backing, be allowed to sign player x or in position y. We are in a fairly unique position of being able to say we've built the squad at great expense, there will be no more signings what we need is someone to fit the pieces of the jigsaw together, if you can't do it then you're no use to us and we will be wasting each others time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I guess most managers taking a job would want reassurances they would get backing, be allowed to sign player x or in position y. We are in a fairly unique position of being able to say we've built the squad at great expense, there will be no more signings what we need is someone to fit the pieces of the jigsaw together, if you can't do it then you're no use to us and we will be wasting each others time.

I doubt if we are playing such hardball as that, rather that we are just incentivising with bonuses rather than years of contract.
And I'm pretty sure RA has not stopped spending on players.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Bit lost on what point was being made too, but will chip in with my opinion. The Official chelsea Instagram has posted 5 or 6 gushing posts about Marcus Alonso since the game against Burnley. Obviously they would always post the goal, no problem, but also MA kissing the badge shown numerous times. He is also the player shown on the preview post for the next game. Random post about players in the gym, MA front and centre on a bike on the first slide. 

It is close to 50% of the posts since that game all promoting and celebrating a player who fell out with the previous manager in a big way. To me it seems that some point is being made and it stood out to me as a bit classless as Ghost said. 

Realistically the social media guy probably has no links to the board and doesn't get instructions from them with regard to individual posts, so probably doesn't run as deep as being a message from the board about Emerson playing. But it still didn't really sit right with me, and seemed like almost a pro Alonso campaign, which in turn seemed a bit of an up yours to Frank.

Right, I understand a bit better now..........I hadn't realised that on the social media side. Maybe there is more to it, and or maybe the Social Media guy at CFC has a close personal relationship with MA? 

Who knows. All a bit odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Bit lost on what point was being made too, but will chip in with my opinion. The Official chelsea Instagram has posted 5 or 6 gushing posts about Marcus Alonso since the game against Burnley. Obviously they would always post the goal, no problem, but also MA kissing the badge shown numerous times. He is also the player shown on the preview post for the next game. Random post about players in the gym, MA front and centre on a bike on the first slide. 

It is close to 50% of the posts since that game all promoting and celebrating a player who fell out with the previous manager in a big way. To me it seems that some point is being made and it stood out to me as a bit classless as Ghost said. 

Realistically the social media guy probably has no links to the board and doesn't get instructions from them with regard to individual posts, so probably doesn't run as deep as being a message from the board about Emerson playing. But it still didn't really sit right with me, and seemed like almost a pro Alonso campaign, which in turn seemed a bit of an up yours to Frank.

I felt uncomfortable with Alonso kissing the badge like he did.  It annoys me anyway as usually it's an empty, insincere gesture. 

I suspect it was a dig at Frank.  Uncalled for and unnecessary.  Just let the goal do your talking.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I felt uncomfortable with Alonso kissing the badge like he did.  It annoys me anyway as usually it's an empty, insincere gesture. 

I suspect it was a dig at Frank.  Uncalled for and unnecessary.  Just let the goal do your talking.   

I suppose it depends , he'd been , ahem , fingered in the press as having fallen out with Lamps , maybe the kissing the badge was to show the supporters that whatever happened he loved the club?

It's not ideal but probably the only way he can answer his critics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arkie   
10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I felt uncomfortable with Alonso kissing the badge like he did.  It annoys me anyway as usually it's an empty, insincere gesture. 

I suspect it was a dig at Frank.  Uncalled for and unnecessary.  Just let the goal do your talking.   

Really? I believe Alonso, he has been a great servant to this club.

It's not a secret now that Frank lost the dressing room. He is always been legend of a club but never been a "Mr Nice Guy".

Lampard is gone now, do we still need to dislike the players he personally fell out with? Is that his managerial legacy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RDCW   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I doubt if we are playing such hardball as that, rather that we are just incentivising with bonuses rather than years of contract.
And I'm pretty sure RA has not stopped spending on players.  

Wow. I agree ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now