Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

On 04/05/2021 at 3:39 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Maybe, but it is amazing what he has done short term.
When was the last time anyone complained about our strikers being offside?

Jackanory, jackanory

bizarre how things come back and bite you where it hurts. 

Whats wrong with people here. We are a football club, a football club who was under performing earlier this season, a football club that has progressed to places we would not be under SFL and yet people complain.

We might not like everything but give TT a transfer window and some time and maybe I join the complaints but now is way too early.

1 minute ago, exiledblue said:

Whats wrong with people here. We are a football club, a football club who was under performing earlier this season, a football club that has progressed to places we would not be under SFL and yet people complain.

We might not like everything but give TT a transfer window and some time and maybe I join the complaints but now is way too early.

I'm guessing you mean across the forum, rather than this particular thread.
There is still a big hangover of loyalty to SFL. Hatred of those deemed to have betrayed him:  Rudiger, Jorginho, Kepa and Werner.  And a desperate need to find reasons to confirm these feelings.  I really don't expect it to go away for a long time.  Some people still moan about CA being sacked on 71 points.  Maybe live attendances at the Bridge will help.

Bison   
29 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm guessing you mean across the forum, rather than this particular thread.
There is still a big hangover of loyalty to SFL. Hatred of those deemed to have betrayed him:  Rudiger, Jorginho, Kepa and Werner.  And a desperate need to find reasons to confirm these feelings.  I really don't expect it to go away for a long time.  Some people still moan about CA being sacked on 71 points.  Maybe live attendances at the Bridge will help.

I wanted Frank gone a lot sooner than most of the forum and don't rate the likes of Kepa, Jorginho etc. 

Lampard wasn't a good coach and I don't think anybody betrayed him. Kepa is disliked because he is rubbish at his job. 

Sadly Tammy missed the coach , just by a half second but missed his opportunity.

12 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Love it when the press speak of the opinions of blues fans without fans having the possibility of responding. Who do they ask? 1 or 2 people that say they support chelsea but have never been?

It feels at the moment that after a terrific few months that Tuchel has hit the same issue as Frank did ie we dont take enough of our chances when it matters. Whether in the remaining 3 games we can remedy that remains to be seen. In my opinion he has several players who actually look better coming on as a sub than when they start a game.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

It feels at the moment that after a terrific few months that Tuchel has hit the same issue as Frank did ie we dont take enough of our chances when it matters. Whether in the remaining 3 games we can remedy that remains to be seen. In my opinion he has several players who actually look better coming on as a sub than when they start a game.

I dunno.  City we beat against the run of play.  But Arsenal we outplayed and were unfortunate in them getting an unusual goal on 16 mins.  That made the game a lot easier for them to play.  Leicester also we had plenty of chances and their goal was, well not flukey, but 9/10 times it doesn't go right in the corner.  Our top save was against City, the top save against us was by Schmeichel.

A less random world would have seen us lose to City, beat Arsenal and at least get to extra time with Leicester.
The team are doing fine.

15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

A less random world would have seen us lose to City, beat Arsenal and at least get to extra time with Leicester.
The team are doing fine.

This. Unfortunately "fine" isn't necessarily enough to win cup finals, and may well not be enough to dig us out of the whole we were in before we were "fine". 

Tuchel needs to do more next season. We needed to have changed manager at least a month earlier than we did. Both these things are true, and they don't conflict at all.