Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

On 5/16/2021 at 9:55 PM, Bison said:

I wanted Frank gone a lot sooner than most of the forum and don't rate the likes of Kepa, Jorginho etc. 

Lampard wasn't a good coach and I don't think anybody betrayed him. Kepa is disliked because he is rubbish at his job. 

BS man. 

Droy is right. Kepa is disliked because he "betrayed" SFL.

I mean look at Kepa's  performances, just world class with his tiny hands, no reach, 0 anticipation and a world record transfer fee. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

This. Unfortunately "fine" isn't necessarily enough to win cup finals, and may well not be enough to dig us out of the whole we were in before we were "fine". 

Tuchel needs to do more next season. We needed to have changed manager at least a month earlier than we did. Both these things are true, and they don't conflict at all.

I think for those at the club this should have been obvious in the summer of 2020.  
Maybe they were concerned about showing continuity while bringing in a stack load of top players.  Certainly the "Frank plays the kids so is great" bandwagon had a lot of momentum and the Chelsea PR team jumped on it quickly.

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think for those at the club this should have been obvious in the summer of 2020.  
Maybe they were concerned about showing continuity while bringing in a stack load of top players.  Certainly the "Frank plays the kids so is great" bandwagon had a lot of momentum and the Chelsea PR team jumped on it quickly.

I think it was more the fact that Frank had achieved top 4 without a transfer window, integrated several youth team players (yes, I know you say this would have happened with any other coach, but hey, he didn't screw it up) and got to a FA cup final.

It'd have been very hard for the board to justify sacking him in the summer after hitting all those targets, given the limited time and empty transfer budget he'd been afforded. 

You might debate whether those milestones/targets justify him staying on, but imo, he deserved a second season.

chara   
10 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think it was more the fact that Frank had achieved top 4 without a transfer window, integrated several youth team players (yes, I know you say this would have happened with any other coach, but hey, he didn't screw it up) and got to a FA cup final.

It'd have been very hard for the board to justify sacking him in the summer after hitting all those targets, given the limited time and empty transfer budget he'd been afforded. 

You might debate whether those milestones/targets justify him staying on, but imo, he deserved a second season.

Love Frank and wanted time for him and he got the second season but for whatever reason his lack of experience meant he could not get past the "slump" ..and given the demands of the EPL the correct business decision was made however much it hurt us to admit it.

Hopefully for Frank it was a lesson well absorbed and I truly wish him every success wherever he goes..be it as a coach pundit or whatever.

TT has halted the downward spiral and we all hope he can kick on next season.....what he has acheived is pretty remarkable...now lets see what he can offer on the long term.

10 hours ago, chara said:

Love Frank and wanted time for him and he got the second season but for whatever reason his lack of experience meant he could not get past the "slump" ..and given the demands of the EPL the correct business decision was made however much it hurt us to admit it.

Hopefully for Frank it was a lesson well absorbed and I truly wish him every success wherever he goes..be it as a coach pundit or whatever.

TT has halted the downward spiral and we all hope he can kick on next season.....what he has acheived is pretty remarkable...now lets see what he can offer on the long term.

Don't get me wrong though, Chara, it's hard to argue with the board's decision to replace Frank with TT, given he got us to 2 finals (including our first CL final since 2012) and within touching distance of top 4.

I'm just saying that, imo, Frank earned his right to start the season with us. I believe the board thought similarly, given the spending we did last summer.

• Like 1

chara   
3 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Don't get me wrong though, Chara, it's hard to argue with the board's decision to replace Frank with TT, given he got us to 2 finals (including our first CL final since 2012) and within touching distance of top 4.

I'm just saying that, imo, Frank earned his right to start the season with us. I believe the board thought similarly, given the spending we did last summer.

I think you along with most fairminded Chelsea fans wanted Frank to succeed on a long term and most of us felt badly about his departure...so much emotional investment in such a great Chelsea icon....even Roman put out a release showing a great regret for the way things turned out...unheard of.

Frank will always have a place in our Chelsea memories and welcomed at SB under any circumstances.

My abiding memory of Frank is the critical penalty against "Some team" just after his Mother's passing. Some player indeed.

Jasonb   

I hope Frank does not aim too high with his next job, think he should go for an ambitious Championship side looking for promotion.

Think if he gets an EPL job and they get relegated it will be very difficult to get a top job again.

I still think he needs to learn the managerial ropes a bit more despite his hunger to be involved again.

11 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I hope Frank does not aim too high with his next job, think he should go for an ambitious Championship side looking for promotion.

Think if he gets an EPL job and they get relegated it will be very difficult to get a top job again.

Bit of a double dilemma?

going to get relegated if he take a pl club.

Better off with an ambitious championship club, which are mainly the teams relegated from the pl the previous season. 

Jasonb   
7 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Bit of a double dilemma?

going to get relegated if he take a pl club.

Better off with an ambitious championship club, which are mainly the teams relegated from the pl the previous season. 

Yes indeed yet the perception if he fails to get a team promotion is much less damaging than if he takes a club down.

12 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Yes indeed yet the perception if he fails to get a team promotion is much less damaging than if he takes a club down.

As it stands he's done neither, TBH Frank is no worst than some of the Managers in the PL and would probably hold his own if he took over a mid table Pl team. that said, If he were to take the spuds down, that would be job improvement