Sir

Official: Thomas Tuchel Appointed New Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

chara   
5 hours ago, exiledblue said:

I think Kepa has used his off time well to study what other top keepers do and maybe TT and certainly Cech have been instrumental to that as TTs arrival certainly coincided with his form and play improving. I was a big critic of Kepa as he used to stay in the security of his 6 yard box but now you can see him being more adventurous coming out to sweep and to claim the ball. However, I still worry he is going to get caught when playing with his feet, he leaves it very late to clear.

Agree with the Kepa observations...I think AC can be included in the player motivation view point....looks a different player from the one we knew could play but never seemed to believe in himself...bit like Kepa as his confidence just drained away...TT seems to have a touch...

Yesterday Kepa came out for a high cross to his right towards the front of the box...wouldn't have done that successfully a while back....good to see.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chara said:

Agree with the Kepa observations...I think AC can be included in the player motivation view point....looks a different player from the one we knew could play but never seemed to believe in himself...bit like Kepa as his confidence just drained away...TT seems to have a touch...

Yesterday Kepa came out for a high cross to his right towards the front of the box...wouldn't have done that successfully a while back....good to see.....


... and when he did make a mistake (the cross he spilled but regathered at Son's feet) he didn't go to pieces as he might have done a few years back.

I'm much less concerned about Mendy missing games because of ACoN. I'm sure that - in spite of being behind Mendy - being brought on for the penalty shoot-out (and making the winning save) in the Super Cup did his confidence a power of good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TT is so refreshing, says it as it is.

With Pep and Klopp, its always someone elses fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
Soed90   

Challenging period coming up for Tuchel now. If we intend to keep up with City & Liverpool it's likely that we need to win every single game in December. Then the first three games in January v Liverpool H, City A and Tottenham H will show if we will fight for the title or not.

Thankfully we got two home games coming up in the league right now. If we can get through those unharmed and then hopefully have a fully fit Kovacic, Kante and Lukaku back in the fold for Wolves and Villa away then that would be huge. Because that's two very tough games and we probably need to win both.

I think he'll have to rest Jorginho v Zenit wheter he wants to or not. It means Barkley/Saul - RLC in midfield likely which could be a disaster but we are through already and with that in mind I think you'd have to focus mostly on Leeds for now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Soed90 said:

I think he'll have to rest Jorginho v Zenit wheter he wants to or not. It means Barkley/Saul - RLC in midfield likely which could be a disaster but we are through already and with that in mind I think you'd have to focus mostly on Leeds for now.

Yes, this needs to be a B team, what ever the result.  Perhaps try out James or Christensen at DM for 60 mins as a trial.  5 subs in theory if we have that many to put on, but I think there are quite a few that shouldn't be out there for a minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soed90   

I'm getting slightly uneasy about our predicament right now. I can imagine Tuchel is too.

Nevermind the injuries which are bad enough on their own. But right now it's looking very likely that at least Rudiger will sign a pre-contract with Real Madrid in a few weeks. With each passing day it becomes more and more likely that Christensen will do the same.

Opinions can differ on this but I believe that will have a major impact on the performance on those two players. And I think we've seen signs of it already. Christensen have been way off the last couple of games and he had been solid as a rock until recently. And what happens if Rudiger signs for Real Madrid and we draw them in the last 16?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Soed90 said:

I'm getting slightly uneasy about our predicament right now. I can imagine Tuchel is too.

Nevermind the injuries which are bad enough on their own. But right now it's looking very likely that at least Rudiger will sign a pre-contract with Real Madrid in a few weeks. With each passing day it becomes more and more likely that Christensen will do the same.

Opinions can differ on this but I believe that will have a major impact on the performance on those two players. And I think we've seen signs of it already. Christensen have been way off the last couple of games and he had been solid as a rock until recently. And what happens if Rudiger signs for Real Madrid and we draw them in the last 16?

I still think Christensen will sign, but I do worry his head has gone a little and we know what happens when he loses confidence and how long it can take to get it back. Rudiger, I accepted a while ago will be on his way, but I think he will continue to give his all for the remainder of the season for as long as he has a chance to add to his medal collection.

Even if Christensen does sign, we will be very light in that area of the squad come the summer because it's very likely Rudiger and Azpi will be gone, which leaves us with Christensen, Silva, Chalobah and Sarr and Silva will be turning 38 in September, Sarr isn't really good enough (IMO) and Chalobah is still relatively inexperienced at this level. We would need to bring in at least 2 high-quality players and won't have any transfer funds from Rudiger to help achieve it.

All that whilst also needing to sign another CM so that we don't end up in the same position we currently find ourselves in with 2 players injured and the team falls apart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I still think Christensen will sign, but I do worry his head has gone a little and we know what happens when he loses confidence and how long it can take to get it back. Rudiger, I accepted a while ago will be on his way, but I think he will continue to give his all for the remainder of the season for as long as he has a chance to add to his medal collection.

If you were a CB right now, the most interesting clubs would be Chelsea and BM.  Probably amongst the top payers too.  Silva looks like he is up for another year -  he has just played the full 90 in 16 games over 11 weeks.
BM might draw Rudiger, but no one else.  Azpi's problem is not age, it is James, Christensen and Chalobah.  I can't believe he is ready to go back to semi-retirement in Spain.  Or that Barca which seems to have recognised a multi-year rebuild is required would be interested.
It is December not late January or August.  Most media stories at this time of year are just guesses, few happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now